EN10 Saved Search problems and also fails to sort list by Location/Folder

In legacy, I program my saved searches for days of the week using EN search syntax, i.e. Monday = remindertime:20210218 -remindertime:20210219. It allows me to update the search syntzx and slide the "Monday" results out one week. EN10 does not seem to be able to edit the syntax. Saved searches was a nice way to group notes from different folders by using EN's search syntax. Also, the resulting search list used to be able to sort by folder, but that doesn't appear to be doable anymore.

You raise some really good points.

12 hours ago, JoseVS said:

EN10 does not seem to be able to edit the syntax.

I agree that you can't edit it in the simple way that you can in the legacy version. Clicking "edit saved search" is completely pointless.

If you do a search using the search syntax EN will interpret what it can as lozenges and the rest it will leave as search syntax. It doesn't do a very good job of this as it does not create a lozenge for creation dates, for example, even though there is one if you filter by creation date.

If you save the search and then use it you will again see the mixture of lozenges and search syntax:

image.png.ff7dd57931cbc59ea7ad517228603832.png

As I've said "edit saved search" is pointless but if you just go ahead and edit the search syntax in the search bar you can run that and EN thinks it is a brand new search  and gives you the option to save the search. You do need to give it a different name.

image.png.471fa3b9a72b0c4595169249d8a9e87a.png

If you want to change anything that has become a lozenge you will need to delete the lozenge and then re-add using either search syntax or the filter menu.

Certainly a bit clunky and my preference would definitely be to ve able to see and edit  the search syntax when I press "edit saved search". All you currently seem to be able to do  is to change the name which is certainly far less than I am expecting.

12 hours ago, JoseVS said:

Also, the resulting search list used to be able to sort by folder, but that doesn't appear to be doable anymore.

The loss of the ability to sort by tags, notebooks etc has been noted before. It seems stange that you can see this data in the side list or top list view but then not be able sort on it. I think any table of data should be sortable on any of the fields in the table - just basic common sense.

Thank you Mike P. I've been playing around with the saved search options and making effort to orient myself to EN's new format. It's frustrating at best because in their effort to standardize across many OS, they basically distilled features down to something they can continue to support cross-platform, i.e. dumbed it down. Essentially, it means that features in Win10 were eliminated in order to accommodate a standardized architecture. My problem is that I adapted to EN's quirky Win10 upgrades and repurposed attributes, e.g. remindertime used as a due date organized in shortcuts, to organize how my notes displayed and up until I "downgraded" to EN10, it was working just fine for me. I'm commited for another 10 months on the current subscription. I'll be scrutinizing functionality and will cut loose if the app stagnates, or sooner if it continues to degrade in functionality. Time to research other apps as possible replacement for EN. Anyway, thanks for confirming the EN10 behavior I'm seeing.

Today.png.62b1cbada6729a72601fd46d91b22363.png

• Like 1