How to use Pinned Note as my daily Journal template entry form

I use EN to keep a daily journal. Right now I have to create a new note, call up my custom journal template, enter my thoughts, assign a tag and file it on my Journal notebook. I do this each day.

Is there a way I can pin a template to my home page with appropriate tags and notebook name already assigned and then file it?  Ideally I would be presented with a new clean note based on this template each day.

I guess I could use the scratch pad each day and convert it to a note but I wouldn't have the templated formatting.

Screenshot of template attached.

"Home" changes a lot about how I think of using EN.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 16.46.27.jpg

• Level 5

You can't pin a template, but you can pin any note (just one, but better than n-one).

If this is the note you need the most, pin it there, go to it first thing every day and save a copy from this "template" note as your "note of the day".

The pinned note serves as your template.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, snsokstan said:

Right now I have to create a new note

I would pin a note (Daily Journal), and never delete it (with appropriate tags and notebook name assigned)
Each morning    
- duplicate the note to store the previous day    
- then delete the contents, and start fresh with the journal template for a new day

• Thanks 1

I also keep a diary by automatically creating a note every day at 06:00 o'clock and assign it a template. Because this kind of automation cannot be done inside Evernote, I

• use IFTTT go create the note by...
    • set up a free IFTTT account
    • define a rule to get the Today's Weather Report from Weather Underground in an Evernote note in a specific notebook (i.e. Diary)
    • thereby tag it with #NewDiary (or any other tag you like)

• use Filterize to attach your template by...
    • set up a free Filterize account 
    • define a rule to change headline of new note if it is tagged with #NewDiary
    • thereby attach a template of your own
    • and remove tag #NewDiary

• use Evernote to define a saved search "notebook:Diary created:day"
    • ... and pin it to the top of Your Favourites

OK, setting up IFTTT and Filterize might take some time (depending on your experience 1-4 hours). But from that point on You have a One-Click-Solution to open a well formatted diary page to log your ideas 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:40 AM, AlbertR said:

I also keep a diary by automatically creating a note every day at 06:00 o'clock and assign it a template. Because this kind of automation cannot be done inside Evernote, I

• use IFTTT go create the note by...
    • set up a free IFTTT account
    • define a rule to get the Today's Weather Report from Weather Underground in an Evernote note in a specific notebook (i.e. Diary)
    • thereby tag it with #NewDiary (or any other tag you like)

• use Filterize to attach your template by...
    • set up a free Filterize account 
    • define a rule to change headline of new note if it is tagged with #NewDiary
    • thereby attach a template of your own
    • and remove tag #NewDiary

• use Evernote to define a saved search "notebook:Diary created:day"
    • ... and pin it to the top of Your Favourites

OK, setting up IFTTT and Filterize might take some time (depending on your experience 1-4 hours). But from that point on You have a One-Click-Solution to open a well formatted diary page to log your ideas 🙂

Thank you!