Evernote 10 requests

Spoons

Idea

Hi - I've been a premium paid up member since 2008. This is my first forum post. Lots of negative comments re: the new Evernote. Personally - I find the new HOME screen really useful and I like it a lot. 

I have only 3 major issues

1 - this is the main one - I need import / hotfolders

2 - can we please drag files such as PDFs etc onto a notebook and evernote create a new note with the filename as the template (like we used to be able to)

3 - at the top of a note where the notebook / move notebook is - can we also have tags / add/remove tags - like we used to. I use tags all the time and dragging files or going into submenus is really slow

Thanks!

6 replies to this idea

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

1 - this is the main one - I need import / hotfolders

This is promised - see the coming soon section of the release notes. It has been "coming soon" for some time now so I hope that means it really is very soon!

2 - can we please drag files such as PDFs etc onto a notebook and evernote create a new note with the filename as the template (like we used to be able to)

Just drag the file onto the note list and it will create a bew note with the file as an attachment. If the notelist is for a specific notebook the note will be created in that notebook.otherwise it will be added to your default notebook

3 - at the top of a note where the notebook / move notebook is - can we also have tags / add/remove tags - like we used to. I use tags all the time and dragging files or going into submenus is really slow

Are you saying you don't like them at the bottom of the note? You wouldn't be alone but I can't see it changing.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Are you saying you don't like them at the bottom of the note? You wouldn't be alone but I can't see it changing.

Or use IOS where you will find tags at the top.  Part of the uniformity of user experience created with V10 <dripping sarcasm>.  😂

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
23 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Would be no problem to have the tag icon appear in another place every time you open a note.

It is called gamification, isn't it 🙃

An expectation one might have...  😜

Totally Agree - I have been using Evernote for more than a decade and the update has made this tool totally useless without the import folders.  I keep checking in on Evernote.com and it keeps saying coming soon.  My only question is when is soon and why did you take it out in the first place?

I have tried using many different note apps over the years along with Evernote and nothing has ever compared to Evernote.  I have been so pleased with it.  The removal of the import feature leaves me no other option but to export years of notes to some other app discontinue this product and not look back.

If you have an estimated time when this will come I just downloaded the new version today only to find out still no import feature ;(

• Level 5

They took it out because they launched v10 with a pretty reduced set of features. So probably most features that had to do with more complex tasks were sidelined in that step.

Who needs it can still use legacy to get things done as before.

When it will return nobody knows - we all get sometimes a little, partial view of the backlog against which the devs are working. There must be more, and then quite some bug fixing. So when a feature makes it to the „to be released soon“ topics, it probably means within of the next 3 releases. This is my best estimate, no inside knowledge.