iOS Web Clipper Broken w/Images?

Hi,

I’m unable to save most clippings of images to Evernote in random uses cases.

Most of the time it’s when trying to save an image for another app using the share sheet. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t. Problem is, I’m not aware without checking the app after every clipping — as the clipper always says “saved”. When it doesn’t work, the saved content simply never appears in Evernote.

Would there be something needed with settings or permissions to make this more reliable?

Oddly enough, 32 hours after this post I opened Evernote iOS for the 6th or 7th time today and suddenly out of nowhere, a flood of new note clips started to appear and “sync”.

Woukd love to understand what is going on with this. I’ve never experienced the same with the older apps.

I immediately tried a new screenshot to clip it, thinking perhaps all was good; but it has yet to appear. I’m lost for words.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had that too... in fact it looks like the clipper no longer clips when you initiate it on iOS , but does it when you next open the EN app (?), which means the clip might not be of what you saw when you initiated it ... 

I’m going off EN after many years for stuff like this... about the only thing that has improved is that search now works a bit better (it was horrible a few years ago)

• Level 5

The process has changed with v10:

• First step is to clip something by sharing. The EN app does not need to be open at that moment.
  • Second step is to open the EN app. A little window will tell it is importing a clip (or maybe several). This will take a moment.
  • Third step is that the new notes appear. They will show a little green triangle, until they have synced with the server. Then the triangle disappears. You should wait all this to happen before leaving the app again, else you risk data loss.

Even when the import from sharing got more robust with the newer releases of the iOS app, I would not let more than 5 or 6 clips accumulate. Better open the EN app from time to time and let the content import and sync.