Troubleshooting Menu Item

• Evernote Expert

A curious discovery this week.  I noticed that the developer tools option had disappeared from the Help menu in the desktop app with version 10.8  Not a big deal - I couldn't see the purpose.

Then later I found a new Troubleshooting menu had appeared which contained the Developer Tools plus a couple of other more useful options.

Troubleshooting
      Reload Ctrl+R
      Force Reload Ctrl+Shift+R
      Toggle Developer Tools F12
      Start Service Tracing

The Reload option was especially useful as it seems to reset everything overcoming the need to Quit and Restart when I get the blank note issue.

Later the Troubleshooting menu had disappeared and I discovered it would return if I deleted a note with the Ctrl+Backspace key stroke.

A curious menu that comes and goes ;)

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, agsteele said:

A curious discovery this week.  I noticed that the developer tools option had disappeared from the Help menu in the desktop app with version 10.8  Not a big deal - I couldn't see the purpose.

Then later I found a new Troubleshooting menu had appeared which contained the Developer Tools plus a couple of other more useful options.

Troubleshooting
      Reload Ctrl+R
      Force Reload Ctrl+Shift+R
      Toggle Developer Tools F12
      Start Service Tracing

The Reload option was especially useful as it seems to reset everything overcoming the need to Quit and Restart when I get the blank note issue.

Later the Troubleshooting menu had disappeared and I discovered it would return if I deleted a note with the Ctrl+Backspace key stroke.

A curious menu that comes and goes ;)

Good discovery. I think the developer tools option disappeared some time ago. I used it to see that EN had only added a link to an image and not the image you thought you had pasted in - thankfully that issue is solved.

As well as deleting a note using ctrl-backspace holding ctrl and clicking help (similar to 6.25) brings up the option.

Click help

73248758_ScreenShot02-14-21at01_32PM.PNG.9f270c0508b10f095660993331a39a8d.PNG

ctrl-click Help

229951665_ScreenShot02-14-21at01_33PM.PNG.c7a826522e9a3f2751730808daa74061.PNG