Note List Thumbnails not Updating

I originally raised this by replying to a thread I found using search, unfortunately it was in the Mac issues forum - only just noticed that 😏

I appear to have found a bug in my Windows 10 app. This has only started happening recently for me, since the v10 upgrade as far as I remember....

I deleted a picture from a note and replaced it with a new one. The new picture is shown on the note but the thumbnail in the note list reverts to the old picture when it refreshes.

I found a workaround.... I duplicated the note and all was well there, it is just the original note that has the problem.

There is no problem in the note list on my Android tablet, it refreshed correctly.

Screen shots of both attached

This is a pain as I use the thumbnails to visually search for the note I am looking for

10.8.4-win-ddl-public (2349)
Editor: v118.1.15148
Service: v1.28.1

Windows Evernote.jpg

Android Evernote.jpg

Edited by BikerDon
Minor change to text

7 hours ago, BikerDon said:

I deleted a picture from a note and replaced it with a new one. The new picture is shown on the note but the thumbnail in the note list reverts to the old picture when it refreshes.

There are long standing issues with preview images. See for example:

It frustrates me that there are so many issues with images across the board. Thinking everything is OK and then coming back to find it changed is particularly annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I have a support ticket for this issue.  It was acknowledged as an issue and passed over to the folk working on the code.  It is connected to the local storage of note resources in Evernote 10. I fixed it for one note when I was trying to workin out what was wrong by deleting all the data and reloading from the server. One of the many things that will in all probability just start working correctly without fanfare. But who knows when that might be :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1