Cannot copy attachments to other applications (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Drag&Drop)

In Legacy it was possible to simply copy an attachment by typing Ctrl-C (or Ctrl-X to delete it) and pasting it with Ctrl-V to any other application like Outlook, Explorer, Evernote 😉 a.s.o.. More easy: You can drag&drop attachments from notes to Outlook...

In EN-10.x this no longer works. Commands are grayed out (inactive) RClick-menues:

image.png.0f42915477998a6396109a82b7bdd19c.png

• Drag&drop operations only work from Legacy to EN-10.
  • Dragging from EN-10 to other applications results in inserting meaningless Icons like image.png.bc3670bad8676f3acbcf7c6dd117f416.png in spite of the files.
  • Dragging within a note in EN-10 works (it moves the attachment).
  • Dragging withing EN-10 from one note to an other works (it copies the attachment)

==> Windows Clipboard is filled with some information - but not correctAny sending applicaton should supply as much as possible information to allow the receiving application to select proper representations. Currently it looks like EN-10 sends information only in a format that is known by EN-10 itself. 

The only possiblity to extract an attachment is to download it by using "Save as...".

This breaks my workflow of storing information in EN and distributing it "on thy fly" to collegues. If I (and other) are forced to use 10.X, we have to first export the file, navigate to the destination folder in explorer and the Ctrl-C 

I agree that this is extremely frustrating and has been well discussed including confirmation that the EN team are working on it. See

18 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

The only possiblity to extract an attachment is to download it by using "Save as...".

For me a slightly easier work around is to drag the attachment (or image) to the desktop and then from there into the other applicatiion.

• 4 months later...