Can I have both the new and legacy versions on my Mac?

Hi,

I beta test for some other software companies and on a Mac we can have several different versions of the app in the Applications folder provided we change the name of the older version, ie App v.3, App v.4, etc

Can this be done with Evernote? Could I rename the current version "Evernote Legacy" and then install the new version and still have access to both?

I see I'm gonna have to update sometime (ugh) so I want to be able to try out the new version.

• Level 5*

Yes, both Legacy and Version 10 can be  installed and run side-by-side      
They use the same master data source on the Evernote servers and different local data storage

The official Legacy product can be  installed from https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote    
It's already named Evernote Legacy, and doesn't auto-upgrade

• Like 1

@DTLow is correct. I have had both Legacy & v10 installed side-by-side, on and off since v10 was released. Since I was interested in getting familiar with v10 as much as possible, I usually keep Legacy in a zip file and unzip it when I need something that v10 doesn't yet support or if I want to do some feature comparison between the two.

The reason I keep Legacy zipped up is that I want all of my evernote:// links from other apps to open in v10. For whatever reason, as long as Legacy is available, those App Links will open in Legacy instead of v10; keeping Legacy in a zip file prevents this from happening.

• Thanks 1

Hi am very thankful that I can have both versions available. The current version is not ready for prime time although I'm trying hard to make it work. But there are still so many things that are either broken or haven't been carried over from the older version...

• Like 1