App Not Loading When Offline

I'm currently staying somewhere without wi-fi (yes, those places still exist) and once a week I go out to go on the Internet. Since (I think) the 10.6 update, every week after a few days offline, after I restart my computer Evernote will be unable to load, showing only a white screen as you can see on the screenshot. I tried using Time Machine to restore the files a few days prior to the bug, but it didn't help. I have to wait until I get back online for the app to load again. It's getting very frustrating not to be able to use my notes at all. I have no choice but to revert to Evernote Legacy for now.

Please look into this for us folks who love living offline! :)

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 2.06.06 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As I understand it, you need to be logged into your account before going offline. 

EN v10 will not access the local data unless it was authorized to do so in an online session before.

This is IMHO not practical at all, but it seems they forgot about people working offline, not having a chance to go online before after starting their computer. It seems that currently an iPad with notebooks loaded for offline use is a better offline solution than a fully equipped notebook running the v10 client.

If you need full offline capabilities on PC / Mac, get the legacy client.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...