Feature Request: CSV export format for notes

Lemini

Idea

I would find it useful if when a note has a table CSV was an available export format. My main use case is that I like to organize data in tables and Evernote's table options are fairly weak so I usually brain storm in Evernote and then have to transition into something like numbers/excel to continue. It would be convenient to be able to export the note as CSV and open it in another program rather than having to copy the data from Evernote and paste it into the other program.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Lemini said:

I would find it useful if when a note has a table CSV was an available export format.

A basic table inverts nicely to a spreadsheet
Things get complicated when a note as text, multiple tables, merged rows/columns ....

fwiw Copy/paste works for me to transfer table data to a spreadsheet (Legacy on a Mac)

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

Things get complicated when a note as text, multiple tables, merged rows/columns ....

Totally agree, that's why I usually migrate to another tool once the tables I'm working on get really complex. I'm not interested in having EN become a spreadsheet tool, but the export to CSV would make continuing on in another app easier. I've played around with Notion a bit and when I decided it wasn't for me, the CSV export option made quick work of migrating my data out of Notion tables and into a proper spreadsheet. I'm basically looking for that same ease of use in EN.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Lemini said:

that's why I usually migrate to another tool once the tables I'm working on get really complex.

Have you thought of embedding a spreadsheet in the Evernote note
On my Mac, the data is displayed inline

15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Have you thought of embedding a spreadsheet in the Evernote note
On my Mac, the data is displayed inline

I guess at some point when I stopped paying attention Evernote implemented this feature. I imported an XLSX file and it displays perfectly. Thank you for this tip!

Unfortunately, my CSVs are just displaying as a regular attachment. I guess now my feature request is to have CSVs display the same way as xlsx files.