Smart filing no longer working

Smart filing now always points to Main Notes in web clipper.

On Firefox, Version: 7.13.8.31-fad3b6a  Windows 10.

This has happened in the past, but was fixed for a while.

Please let me know if you see the same thing.

thx,

• Like 1

Similar problem, the web clipper always chooses the same notebook, in my case the *statistics* notebook.

On Chrome Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit), happens on both Windows 8 and 10.

My clipper (I am using Chrome but it also happens using Safari) "Smart" files into "Holding to sort". Interesting to see that Smart filing makes a consistent mistake that differs from person to person reporting here. Consistently but variably wrong!

Same thing here--when I save a note, it just goes to my "Main Notebook".  Before this week, it would almost always place the note in the correct notebook for the subject matter--I very seldom had to move it to another notebook.  What has changed?  

I sent a note to Evernote support.

Response - we are aware of the problem, time to fix unknown.

Suggest you send a note to support also... might light a fire under them.

I contacted Support several days ago. Part of the response was "As it happens, it is expected the algorithms that power the smart filing feature won't be as accurate as a brand new account,...". My account started in 2008; I now have over 75K clippings. I am not clear as to how/why having lots of clippings would affect day-to-day current Smart filing by the clipper. Luckily, probably 90% of my clippings go to one Notebook, so I turned off Smart filing and set that one Notebook as the default. For those few that I clip each day that belong elsewhere, I simply do that manually.  Every now and then I will check to see if Smart filing is working again. This misdirection occurred once before (a year or two ago; I don't recall—maybe there's a record of it in past postings); the situation cleared up and Smart filing began to work again.

Yup. Shouldn't have happened.

Mostly, since it's happened multiple times in the past, it should be part of Evernote's standard test/regression suite. An obvious and easy test.