Is anyone using Evernote with another text editor?

I ask because while Evernote is great for storing and retrieving stuff, I still find the Evernote editor not very good for use on mobile. A small default font that can't be changed, no way to reorder lines or paragraphs (other than cut & paste) make it frustrating to use on my iPad and iPhone compared to other iOS note apps.

I have toyed with using Drafts for writing notes, then Sharing the text to Evernote when I'm done making changes. You could probably do the same with Bear or another iOS note app, but I'm not sure it makes sense to use two apps for taking and managing notes. Is anyone doing this? 

• Level 5

If I need text editing, I use Apple‘s Pages. If I need real page layout power, it is Affinity Publisher When I need markdown, it is iaWriter. Files are embedded into a note for storage.

The EN editor is doing fine for simple text that is not sensitive to formatting or page layout. Plus the new editor works for a lot of other content, but always without putting it on a classical page view. EN is based on a tribe of HTML, so a note is more similar to a web site than to a page oriented software.

• Level 5*

No harm in using more than one app - I have Typora for markdown / html / text editing and Marxico which 'should' (their dev tells me) sync to the new Evernote.  I also use a range of word processors and page layout apps depending on what sort of document I'm creating.  Evernote is for basic notes,  everything else gets a source file attached to a note in case I need to change it.