Help with Reminder Saved Search

silentquest
Go to solution Solved by CalS,

I wonder if someone could help with this. I want saved search that brings up reminders due today and non completed reminders up to 7 days in the past. 

I have had instances where if I didnt complete a reminder on the day it was due it kind of drops off my list and I loose track of it. 

What I have so far is reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1 which give me a list of items due today. I would like all completed reminders not to show on my list. 

Thank you in advance. I have looked around but cannot find a way to do what I need. 

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, silentquest said:

What I have so far is reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1 which give me a list of items due today. I would like all completed reminders not to show on my list. 

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*    
to exclude completed reminders

Your search (reminderTime:day) ignores past-due reminders and undated reminders   
I like to use all reminders (reminderOrder:*) then exclude future dated, exclude completed

thank you. so it would be reminderOrder.* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime.* ? to give uncompleted past reminders and todays uncompleted reminders?

Unfortunately I cant test it right now because I dont currently have any past reminders and EN will not let me put a reminder in the past. 

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, silentquest said:

thank you. so it would be reminderOrder.* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime.* ? to give uncompleted past reminders and todays uncompleted reminders?

Something like that, except .* should be :*

• Level 5*
  • Solution
10 hours ago, silentquest said:

I wonder if someone could help with this. I want saved search that brings up reminders due today and non completed reminders up to 7 days in the past. 

I have had instances where if I didnt complete a reminder on the day it was due it kind of drops off my list and I loose track of it. 

Thank you in advance. I have looked around but cannot find a way to do what I need. 

To show not completed reminders through seven days ago try

remindertime:day-7 -remindertime:day+1 -reminderdonetime:*

4 minutes ago, CalS said:

To show not completed reminders through seven days ago try

remindertime:day-7 -remindertime:day+1 -reminderdonetime:*

Perfect!! That worked! Thank you. I was just playing trying to get the other one to work. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
Just now, silentquest said:

Perfect!! That worked! Thank you. I was just playing trying to get the other one to work. 

You are welcome, glad it is sorted.  The reminder search syntax can seem a bit stilted but not that bad once one gets used to it.

• Like 1