Has clipping disappeared from iOS?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

No, sharing is still there, but maybe you have a bad installation.

Maybe you can activate sharing, iOS standard: When in Safari, click on share. Now in the row with apps, move to the right until the end of the apps. There are 3 dots called „more“. Behind it are additional sharing options, waiting to be activated. When EN is not in the list of apps already, it should be here. Activate it by editing the options, move it to the position in the app sequence where you want it, done. It is a one timer.

If it is not in the list of apps, and not behind the 3 dots button, it is not available. Then you need to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hi @PinkElephant I can see you’ve followed up on my recent posts on this bug...

I can confirm if I restart my phone - EN appears in the presented list (as I moved it there many years ago), and it’s there for a few days after a restart but then it unexpectedly disappears snd is also missing from the “...” List too. I have to restart my phone to get it back (which is not a great fix, as I use Evernote in a hurry to Dave useful stuff, not something to do a 5 min dance getting it to work again).

As mentioned - weirdly, EN does appear in the share list for Firefox (possibly other apps too), but it’s Safari it consistently disappears from.

judging from posts of other people, it seems like I’m not the only one - something is wrong somewhere.

I guess I can try removing EN and reinstalling if others see things work fine (or are others just not using the feature enough to spit it disappears?)

• Level 5

Personally I never had anything disappear out of thin air.

It was either an app update, or an iOS update that caused things to need a redo.

IMHO if the installation of the EN app is not solid, it may cause all sort of side effect. So maybe a good install should make sharing stick.

Try a complete un- / reinstall: Uninstall the app, dump all data, switch the i-device completely off, switch it on again (Apple logo must show), install the app from the AppStore, log in, let it sync completely. If this still does not do the job, you could try the same, with a forced restart. How to depends on the device you have, see Apple support https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios