Can't Move Tags or Perform Searches

The new Windows version is a nightmare. The new features are worthless and the old features I liked are gone.

Three things I can't do anymore:

1. In the old version (see attached example) I could take a tag out of its category "scheduled" and drag it into "published." (I use Evernote to keep track of newsletter articles). It won't let me do that. I've tried again and again and I just can't drag it into another. I can't even seem to highlight it.

2. Delete a tag. Some of my tags are temporary and when I'm done with them I don't want them cluttering my screen. I used to right-click and delete them. I can't do that anymore.

3. The "minus tag" filter seems to be gone. That is, I can't figure out how to search for notes that have Tag:A and Tag:B but not Tag:C.

Any thoughts?

Evernote Example.jpg

5 minutes ago, RKoreto said:

1. In the old version (see attached example) I could take a tag out of its category "scheduled" and drag it into "published."

As from the latest version (10.8.4) you can drag tags around in the sidebar. Until this version you neeeded to do all tag management in the full tags menu which you get by clicking Tags in the sidebar.

7 minutes ago, RKoreto said:

2. Delete a tag

You can do that in the main tags menu (see above)

7 minutes ago, RKoreto said:

3. The "minus tag" filter seems to be gone.

I assume you mean the search grammar. Something like

tag:A -tag:B

Evernote search is currently having major problems so I can't check but generally the search syntax still works as it did before.

Thank you for your quick response. However, I think we're talking about different things: When I go to About Evernote (I'm using the Windows version) I'm told it's version 10-7-6. You reference 10-8-4. Is that maybe for another platform? Or do you have access to a version not yet available to the general public? Evernote says my version is the latest generally available.

I did discover the main tags menu, however. I used to be able to just click and drag. Now I have to laboriously move them one by one. It's actually LESS efficient. And I see the "minus" search and the "plus" search are done in different areas. This is a step BACKWARDS. The two features I used most now come with extra steps.

4 minutes ago, RKoreto said:

Evernote says my version is the latest generally available.

10.8.4 is the current windows version that came out in the ast few days. EN rolls out new versions over a few days and it is common to be told that you have the up to date version when you do not. I manually downloaded the new version from the Evernote download site as I always have to.

I agree that you can no longer select multiple tags to move them in bulk. This has been raised before and it would be a nice feature to reintroduce.

8 minutes ago, RKoreto said:

And I see the "minus" search and the "plus" search are done in different areas.

I don't really understand what you mean by this. Hasn't "minus" search has always been achieved through search syntax? You have a few options in V10.

1. Using the search syntax throughout and typing something like tag:A -tag:B in the search box
  2. Finding the tags you want in the search box (they should appear when you start typing some letters) and then adding the -tag:A
  3. Adding the -tag:A to the search box and then filtering for the tags you do want in the filter menu. 

I'd be interested in your workflow in the old version.

See the attached. "Real Estate" and CMS" -- the two tags I want to search for -- are together in blue bubbles. The tag I want to filter out, PUB-RE, is over in its own place on the left. Very awkward looking.

Evernote Example--search.jpg

• Like 1