Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Very sad that most reviews on the Google play store for the month of January are just a single star. I really hope the developers will get their act together. A lot of people are obviously not too happy with this new "Electron" powered version. Love Evernote too much to see it go under. Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to post

I totally support this. Very sad. Just compare the speed of capturing documents EN8.13.3 vs EN10.4. From fast to deadly slow. Knowing the slow down is based on the new code foundation I think EN may never be that fluent as we knew it for years. No helpy tool for everyday use anymore.

  • Sad 1
Link to post

Yeah, Evernote is pretty much game over. I recommend exporting/moving your notes before it's too late. Who knows what will happen next! 

This version should have never been released. Astonishing decision by management. This was the final nail in the coffin for Evernote. Mark my words. 😒

Link to post

Evernote has made enormous progress in the last 2 years. 2 years ago there were 5 different code bases and a thoroughly outdated back-end. None of the apps worked correctly. Now there's a unified code base and a modern back-end. Releases happen regularly and each one makes the app better, with improvements in speed and functionality. This has been pretty obvious for the last few months.

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 minutes ago, ehrt74 said:

Evernote has made enormous progress in the last 2 years. 2 years ago there were 5 different code bases and a thoroughly outdated back-end. None of the apps worked correctly. Now there's a unified code base and a modern back-end. Releases happen regularly and each one makes the app better, with improvements in speed and functionality. This has been pretty obvious for the last few months.

You may be right but this view is obviously not shared by most of the users, and again I use the reviews on play store, if this can be termed a true reflection of what actual users, not just the developers, think. Change must be beneficial to the end users. It might be worth finding out what the actual expectations of these end users are and why they believe it is not being met. Like I said earlier, personally, I love Evernote, it has made me more organised and more productive. However, if people don't use it, it might end up going under and that for me is a major concern. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 minutes ago, niikassim said:

You may be right but this view is obviously not shared by most of the users, and again I use the reviews on play store, if this can be termed a true reflection of what actual users, not just the developers, think. Change must be beneficial to the end users. It might be worth finding out what the actual expectations of these end users are and why they believe it is not being met. Like I said earlier, personally, I love Evernote, it has made me more organised and more productive. However, if people don't use it, it might end up going under and that for me is a major concern. 

I'm not sure if most users dislike v10 of evernote, particularly the Android app, which was (in my opinion) better than v8 the day the first version was launched. Play store reviews can be gamed quite easily.

Link to post
1 hour ago, ehrt74 said:

Releases happen regularly and each one makes the app better, with improvements in speed and functionality. This has been pretty obvious for the last few months.

I'm sure you mean that for Windows/Mac and not for Android. 😛

I mean, I agree that unified code was a good solution, but so many months with barely any progress on Android is a massive fail in my eyes. Why is Android neglected if it's now easy to make changes across platforms because of the unified code?
But I do agree. The work they have done on Windows platform is small but at least regular. I want that on Android.

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, matej1990 said:

I'm sure you mean that for Windows/Mac and not for Android. 😛

I mean, I agree that unified code was a good solution, but so many months with barely any progress on Android is a massive fail in my eyes. Why is Android neglected if it's now easy to make changes across platforms because of the unified code?
But I do agree. The work they have done on Windows platform is small but at least regular. I want that on Android.

the update to 10.4 happened last month, i think. let's see when the next update comes :)

Link to post
58 minutes ago, ehrt74 said:

I'm not sure if most users dislike v10 of evernote, particularly the Android app, which was (in my opinion) better than v8 the day the first version was launched. Play store reviews can be gamed quite easily.

That's quite the statement. Have you seen (and read) all the 1-star reviews in the play store? You can't possibly think that v10 is better than V8 after that. Also, a note taking app which takes five seconds to open, is just not competitive. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
1 minute ago, ryhol said:

That's quite the statement. Have you seen (and read) all the 1-star reviews in the play store? You can't possibly think that v10 is better than V8 after that. Also, a note taking app which takes five seconds to open, is just not competitive. 

Well, I can say it, because that is what i have experienced. v8 was fairly terrible. v10 is (in my opinion) a lot better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
19 minutes ago, ehrt74 said:

the update to 10.4 happened last month, i think. let's see when the next update comes :)

Yeah 1 small update in 2 months? And now it's 1 month since v10.4 release. Compare that to EN Windows version update cycle. Every 1-2 weeks there is an update. Small one for sure, but still...

  • Like 1
Link to post
19 hours ago, matej1990 said:

Yeah 1 small update in 2 months? And now it's 1 month since v10.4 release. Compare that to EN Windows version update cycle. Every 1-2 weeks there is an update. Small one for sure, but still...

Just got another update for the Android app today :) I'm now on 10.5 (1110172)

Link to post

Same here! I guess Evernote staff IS indeed reading this forum! We should rant more often, it's working!!! :P 

Joking (or not?) aside, it took them 1 month for new update. V10.4 was released on 14. January.
Release notes for v10.5 (1110172):

Screenshot_20210212-101433.thumb.png.4b6811bb4ac041e4ad478aca499ad176.png

Got to test if "squashed many bugs" is true. :D 

Link to post

Still waiting for

15 minutes ago, matej1990 said:

Same here! I guess Evernote staff IS indeed reading this forum! We should rant more often, it's working!!! :P 

Joking (or not?) aside, it took them 1 month for new update. V10.4 was released on 14. January.
Release notes for v10.5 (1110172):

Screenshot_20210212-101433.thumb.png.4b6811bb4ac041e4ad478aca499ad176.png

Got to test if "squashed many bugs" is true. :D 

Still waiting for my update. Hopefully my "annoying" bugs have also been squashed 😆

Link to post
1 hour ago, niikassim said:

Still waiting for

Still waiting for my update. Hopefully my "annoying" bugs have also been squashed 😆

mm, one of my annoying bugs didn't get fixed 😕 oh well, maybe in the next version (creating an activity log with language set to german results in the button for "accept" being pushed below the confirmation window and so being unclickable -> workaround: rotate the screen)

Link to post

I just went in and changed my 9 year old 5 star review to 1 star. Unreliable and unusable. Sometimes it opens up in 10 seconds. Other times it takes over a minute of staring at the green elephant. Old version always worked quickly and reliably. 

I don't need my notes on mobile often, but when I do, I need them now. I can't wait for whatever random thing is happening in the background. 

Worst UX I have ever experienced. And that's saying something coming up from DOS 1.0 to now.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...