Search has stopped working on all devices

Jlavine
Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Idea

You might get by until it is fixed if you disconnect from network by wifi or cable.  NO INTERNET CONNECTION and use the local program on your computer.  It will at least let you search.  Temp, I know.  But at least you can do something.  Haven't tried it on a phone yet.

• Like 1

Given that we are now reliant on search taking place on the server not locally I think EN owes it to it's customers to publish data on reliability, targets, performance etc so that we can make an informed decision as to whether we want to continue to use the product.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Anyone tried searches in Legacy?

Ah.

Feb 10, 2021 (8:00 am PT)

[!] Service availability is impacted

We’re aware that search is not working as expected. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and will post an update here once it’s been fixed. Thank you for your patience.

https://status.evernote.com/

2 hours ago, sbliven said:

Going offline (disabling wifi) allowed me to search again. Search results were also cached for auto-complete after going online. However, new online searches don't work.

To me this indicates an issue with the server, either a broad issue or a problem with my account. I will try again after the Wed maintenance window and see if that fixes it.

Thank you, sbliven.  Shouldn't have to be this way but at least I can get some work Donne while they figure out what got bolixed THIS time.

Search not returning any notes even though they exist.  MacBook Pro Evernote Desktop 10.7.6-mac-ddl-public (2321)
Editor: v117.1.15008
Service: v1.27.2

I tried using the web version and the search does work.  If I try to switch to use new web Evernote then the search doesn't return.

3 minutes ago, Jason Kliot said:

So sad. I’m going to leave Evernote after 14 years. There is only one job this app is supposed to do: save notes and search. That’s the whole point. Always loves Evernote. But enough is enough. 

Yes, I'm the same. Have been with Evernote for years. But the Mac client has become SO unreliable lately, just bug after bug after bug. Looking at Bear Notes as an alternative.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Jason Kliot said:

So sad. I’m going to leave Evernote after 14 years. There is only one job this app is supposed to do: save notes and search. That’s the whole point. Always loves Evernote. But enough is enough. 

They are aware and working... 

Same problem here on Mac Mini M1 Big Sur. This is really obnoxious. They didn't care to test if this release would break something? How about us who need EN for work?
What a cl*sterf*ck this trip to Evernote 10 has been. Sigh.

• Like 1

I am experiencing the same on EN 10.8.4 windows and web, absolutely no search anymore.

What really scares me: all notes are downloaded to offline cache, but the client is 0% capable of pulling any information off that. We clearly see, we have a 100% online service. Anything little going wrong on Evernote's side can end main functionality immediately.

Seeing that, actually there is no alternative to EN legacy which still searchs my data very well at this moment. Highly recommend EN legacy to all, that have to get instant access to search again

• Like 2

Search stopped working an hour ago on all devices including web app. Says no results found for any search
Evernote version 10.8.4-mac-ddl-public (2349) and 10.7.6-mac-ddl-public (2321)

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Got the same issue (Mac, Big Sur, v.11.1., Evernote v.10.7.6 Premium)

No search working anymore. Just recognized.
Cannot find any to-dos from the last days that haven't been done, yet.
The search for

reminderOrder:* -reminderDoneTime:* -reminderTime:day+1

doesn't work, too.
No way to work now anymore.

Hope you guys provide an updates as soon as possible!!! to fix it.

Best regards,

Martin 🙂

Same issue here on Mac and Android clients. Not tested on Windows client yet. It's curious that the app totally relies on backend for crucial functions like notes search. 368 MB of app (Mac version) with no local search... 😐

• Like 1

Search stopped working an hour ago on all devices including web app. Says no results found for any search
Evernote version 10.8.4-mac-ddl-public (2349) and 10.7.6-mac-ddl-public (2321)

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Yes VERY annoying Search issue on my Mac Book Air with Catalina 10.15.7

The only way to work around is to cut the computer from the Net. I click on the Wifi icon and I go off the grid.

Evernote goes local and the search works again.  Tedious.

same here, not working on web or ipad, I use web interface for work constantly, technical environment, nearly 1000 notes supporting development & operations activities, I can't find anything (quickly), serious problem on my desk right now, premium account, how the heck can this even happen ???

Not working for me on iPadOS nor Windows Desktop. 

As a workaround on my iPad, I went into airplane mode and did an offline search in Evernote. I was able to find the note I needed that way, but turned back on wifi again to grab the actual body of the note.

This is probably the more serious issue I've ever come across in my 11 years with Evernote. I have so many notes the search function is critical to my use of it. Scrolling and hoping for the best to find the correct note won't be sufficient.

Just downloaded the latest Windows version an hour ago. Search still not working. This just adds to my overall disappointment with the new desktop version, which actually ADDS steps to my most used tasks. Who redesigns an app that ADDS steps!!??

In my evernote apps, when I search by tags nothing shows up.  No notes. But it tells me I have some. But on the evernote website it shows all my notes. I've restarted it several times, and even deleted and downloaded the app again. Still doesn't show any notes. This is happening on my iPhone and on my mac version. 

In my evernote apps, when I search by tags nothing shows up.  No notes. But it tells me I have some. But on the evernote website it shows all my notes. I've restarted it several times, and even deleted and downloaded the app again. Still doesn't show any notes. This is happening on my iPhone and on my mac version. 

Can't search for anything since this morning - I keep getting "No notes found" message. Tried signing out and signing back in, closing the app, force reloading. But nothing works. I am on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. The search was working fine on this same OS till yesterday, and not sure what happened today.

This seriously hinders my work. Hope the Evernote team can release a fix soon.

Update: Just checked, and confirmed that besides the app, the search also does not work in Evernote's web-interface opened in browser.

Is it just me or am I NOT able to do a simple search in my "All Notebooks"? I just pulled stuff up yesterday. Then today I wasn't able to find it this morning. I got to my desktop (MacOSX) and find it right away. Ohhh I wasn't connected to the internet because I had my wifi turned off. I upgrade my Evernote and now unable to find my Recipe for dinner tonight. 

What the heck! 

Echoing others, search totally non-functional on latest macOS Desktop and Android. Looking forward to a fix soon.

And relatedly, surprised that the EN client can't search the local cached notes, not even as a fallback when online search isn't working.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, kaksiir said:

What the heck?

I guess you can’t find ***** with the new EN, literally.  Sorry for the dark humor, I couldn’t help myself.  

IOS not working for me either.  Will check Windows legacy desktop in a bit.  I assume it will work as it is local based.  

• Haha 1

Search function is not working in Win 10 app, not working on Web version from Chrome.
Without search function, the service is useless,  it is a disaster, live or dead problem for Evernote.

I would suggest Evernote to allow user's local PC have a copy of text content database, allow local text search, reduce your liability and server workload.

I can't find anything in my notes with "search" today. I have thousands of notes with information that I need to access to do my work each day. This is a totally unacceptable,  catastrophic failure. The basic functions of the product that people depend on cannot be lost because you are making improvements,  doing upgrades or whatever. People are going to lose the ability to work and earn their income because of this problem. 

Sadly ditto. Started a few hours ago on 2 Mac devices. In my case appears to have occurred after the 10.15.7 update. The quality and reliability of Evernote has taken such a dive in recent months and I'm unsure I can rely on this for my work. Could the Forum members highlight any good alternatives?

10.7.6-mac-ddl-public (2321)
Editor: v117.1.15008
Service: v1.27.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Same issue here. On an iMac running Catalina (10.15.7). Search returns no results. I just get:

No Notes Found. Try using a different search word or filter. 

I'm even using words that I can see in the the "All Notes" thumbnails in left column.