How to make evernote stop converting my screenshots to notes?

Nefisto

During my day I normally take some screenshots with snipping tool, windows tool, copy and send this to someone, but when I close the snipping tool evernote save this screenshot as a note, and this is really annoying. I've made some researches and didn't found anything about how to stop this behavior, can I stop this?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nefisto said:

During my day I normally take some screenshots with snipping tool, windows tool, copy and send this to someone, but when I close the snipping tool evernote save this screenshot as a note, and this is really annoying. I've made some researches and didn't found anything about how to stop this behavior, can I stop this?

Hi.  A snipping tool is built into Windows,  but that should not be connected to Evernote.  Are you using the Evernote screenshot feature? 

Does this help? - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005067-Use-Evernote-Helper-for-quick-notes-and-screenshots  

A think that evernote is geting from my clipboard, i'll show steps that I did

1- Take a screenshot with snipping tool

01.thumb.png.49854687e1e4fe18fc7828e95a4a7222.png

2- After I copy, and close the snipping tool without save, this happen

02.thumb.png.873a0f544be24fcdb5ebeccc28de3740.png

I wanna remove this "Converted to note" feature

• 1 year later...

I had this same issue. I realized that I had confused the Windows built-in screen clip shortcut with the Evernote shortcut.

"Alt + Ctrl + S" is Evernote screen capture

"Windows + Shift + S" is windows clip tool

Both options effectively work the same, but the second option doesn't invoke anything in Evernote.

If you want to disable the Evernote shortcut, open Evernote, press "Ctrl + /", locate the "Capture screen", select the "..." menu and then "Disable".

• Like 1