Unable to sign in using Apple ID

Hannah4599

Idea

9 replies to this idea

Unable to sign in with Apple using the web app or the Mac app. In the app, it just says Login Failed, and on the webapp it just sends me to a blank page. Please help, can't access my work notes as they're linked via apple id and not my email. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 6.25.21 AM.png

The Sign in with Apple feature doesn't work presently.  The feature doesn't work in the web browser, or my iPad.  Clicking the Sign In button immediately cause an error message to display. I imagine the Sign In feature doesn't work on any of the apps, but the web browser and iPad are the ones I've tried. 

Also, my Evernote app on my iPad is up to date.  I deleted and reinstalled the app to be sure of that.

IMG_0154.thumb.PNG.491d5d0c7e341d06c4c80a1a9c720806.PNG

If the Evernote team could fix this issue, I would be grateful.

I am unable to login from my Linux browsers. Neither Firefox nor Chrome work. I am not using Apple ID. I am using a standard Evernote login. This stopped working for me on 2-9-21. My login still works from my Windows based machines.

Oh and my failure is not quite the same. I just get a blank browser screen. No error messages.

Edited by krfoley
Additional info
  • Level 5

Had the same problem on my Mac, using Safari. 

It seems it corrected itself - at least I did nothing to correct it. Since I normally use the installed client, the web client is less important for me. I understand that on a Linux machine, web is the only access to EN.

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Had the same problem on my Mac, using Safari. 

It seems it corrected itself - at least I did nothing to correct it. Since I normally use the installed client, the web client is less important for me. I understand that on a Linux machine, web is the only access to EN.

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that your problem resolved itself.

This problem has persisted since Feb 9. I had someone at Evernote help tell me that they were working on a fix for the problem and it would be resolved within 48 hours. That was on Feb 11. Yesterday this person tried to tell me that I was being blocked for security reasons and that I should use a VPN. When I responded that the Windows PC on my network had no problems he said he was going to turn the issue over to technical support. I haven't heard anything since then. Very frustrating.

• Level 5

Got an automated E-Mail today that support was pretty down due to the power outages in Texas.

Maybe they are sitting with candles in front of dark monitors 🥶

When I ran into that problem, I had changed nothing on my network, so I don’t think it was a Security software issue. Besides, I don’t run that bunch of security software on my Mac I used to run on my PC. Not much to interfere. I could access from Safari on the iPad, which speaks against a network issue on my side as well.

But since I just wanted to cross-check a note on the server, I had no urgency in getting access. So I did not drop a ticket.

Wish you luck in getting it solved soon.