Cannot select portions of text in Encrypted Text

When I "Reveal Encrypted Content", it shows the appropriate content, but I can no longer select a portion of text within the content. It partially randomly selects some of what I'm trying to select and then just selects the entire Encrypted Text. Very weird behavior. It never did this before the latest round of Evernote updates. I'm using Evernote 10.7.6 on Mac Big Sur.

• Sad 1

Same problem here.

Also the encrypted text is uneditable (like before), and you must decrypt, edit, and encrypt again if want to do it.

It seems encryption is broken too.

Bad, bad, release this time.

I'm using MacBook Pro 2012 with MacOs Catalina 10.15.7

• 7 months later...

Still an issue....

Evernote 10.22.3  on maOS Sierra.  Still can not edit encrypted text that has be revealed.    Why would you have to decrypt just to edit and re-encrypt and go through re-entering the pw again..... bad, bad.    The revealed text also removes all the blank rows..... ugh.  Will prob find a way to downgrade till this is fixed.

• Level 5

Encrypted is encrypted - how do you expect to be able to edit it without first decrypting ?

EN handles encryption on a completely local level. You encrypt text in a note, not a note, not a notebook. A limit of this approach is that encryption works as it does.

My favored design would be an encrypted notebook.

The encrypted text feature changed from the macos version EN 7.x where one could edit encrypted text by reveal, edit and sync the encrypted text within a note.  No need to decrypt, edit, and then re-select the text to encrypt, and then re-encrypt with pw all over.  Was that a bug in 7.x that we took to be a feature?  

My use case is about 60 rows in a note that has 4 separate encrypted groups of rows.   An encrypted Notebook would work, if easily edited.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone--improvements to encryption are now available on 10.24. You can now reveal and edit an encrypted block of text without permanently decrypting it first. You can open up the encrypted block, make edits, and also find in note to locate content within the encrypted block before closing. The text will be re-encrypted as soon as you navigate to a different note.

• Thanks 1