Updated to new Evernote style (MAC) and Quicknote content disappeared! Is it somewhere to be found?

Go to solution Solved by semiswirl,

So I recently updated to the newer style Evernote on my Mac and the contents of my quicknote (which I used  as a draft "sticky note" for miscellaneous notes) disappeared! 

Is there a way to retrieve this? If not, then wow can't believe Evernote would do that.

Thanks for any help in advance

• Level 5*

Several people seem to have reported this - oddly all new posters with Basic accounts... I'm not a Mac user so I don't even know whether the quicknotes area is part of the Evernote app that you would expect to be synced back to the server.  There are some Mac experts around,  so hopefully someone will comment soon.  Meantime I'd suggest you report this to Evernote via Twitter if you can.

13 小時前, jetpilotVE說:

So I recently updated to the newer style Evernote on my Mac and the contents of my quicknote (which I used  as a draft "sticky note" for miscellaneous notes) disappeared! 

Is there a way to retrieve this? If not, then wow can't believe Evernote would do that.

Thanks for any help in advance

EN helper is still there

not sure what you mean. The system menu icon is still there (although now it has a different look and feel) but the data inside that I had (text) is not. The helper also goes away when I quit Evernote while it stayed there before until I rebooted or manually closed it via a small menu.

I am trying to retrieve the DATA that I had there.

• Level 5

A quick note is not saved at all, it is just to keep things for a moment, and then expects you to convert it into a note, or skip it.

If you updated while there was content placed in the quick note, it is gone.

For the future don’t (mis-)use the quicknote feature to save content - or do so, at your own risk.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

[This is all for Legacy EN on a Mac. I'm not sure if it works differently on a PC or the new EN for Mac.] A quick note is saved, but not as a note. It's saved as a file: quick-note-preserved.obj. It's a little tricky to recover it though, if it happens to disappear (has only happened to me twice in all the years of me using it). You can find it by searching for that file name, but renaming to .txt doesn't work. But what DOES WORK is right-click and selecting to open it with Notes. You'll have to wade through a bit of code at the beginning and the end, but your lost note will be waiting for you in the middle of it. It weirdly won't let you properly copy and paste it. But you can print it to a PDF, open that, copy the text, and paste it wherever you want it...even if, like me, you paste it back to the quick note bar because it's just SO useful for using as a scratch pad, even if it is a "mis-use" of the feature 😛 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, rhonahutchinson said:

In the last week I have tried to find a note in my Evernote account and all but 2 notes have disappeared. This is a disaster for me as I keep a lot of important and useful information in Evernote and now I cant find any of it. 

Hi.  Device? OS? Tried using the web page access?  Sure you're using the correct login? 
(It's regrettably easy to set up a brand new account when trying to log in to an existing one)