Why did you hide the ability to move a note to another notebook??????

pkempe

Idea

STOP RUINING IT FOR GOD'S SAKE!
Seriously. In note view on the Mac app (10.7.6), why can I no longer click on the notebook name to change the notebook that a note is in? THIS IS THE MOST OBVIOUS WAY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TASK. I've been using Evernote for over a decade. You all seem to be drunk or high now as you're coming up with new changes to make. So, apparently, a good design choice for changing the notebook a note is in requires the user to locate the 3 dots on the opposite side of the screen from the notebook name, click on them, select "move," and THEN select from the list of notebooks to move the note to. This feature lacks any sort of obvious discoverability, except that 3 dots means "there's more options here." The obvious signifier for changing notebooks is to click on the actual notebook name. This is how it always was in the past. Again, only a drunk or high designer would decide it would be a good idea to move—and essentially hide—the signifier for this affordance. Yes I've read Don Norman so I'm not just some rando but do indeed half know what I'm talking about.
IS ANYBODY READING THIS? 

1 reply to this idea

Partially agree with pkempe above.  You don't have to go to the 3 dots on the opposite side of the screen to find the "move" option.  It is next to the name of the notebook when you hover over it.  However, it would be faster/easier to be able to double-click the notebook once you find it...instead of having to click it and THEN going down to click on the MOVE button.   We are supposed to be minimizing the number of clicks it takes to accomplish a task.  Appreciate the consideration.