Add to home screen (Android)

DaleEh

In Android, you don't seen to be able to "Add to home screen" in the new version.  Others have reported it, but no response from Evernote.

Not "fit for purpose" without this feature.

For me, I'll be switching to a competitor if it's not fixed by the end of February. 

February 2021 🤣

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 9:28 AM, DaleEh said:

In Android, you don't seen to be able to "Add to home screen" in the new version.  Others have reported it, but no response from Evernote.

Not "fit for purpose" without this feature.

For me, I'll be switching to a competitor if it's not fixed by the end of February. 

February 2021 🤣

24th "Notion" is the best I've found so far (www.notion.so).  Still looking, though.  And hoping that Evernote fixes the problem by the end of the month.  ADDED LATER:  I've also discovered that Notion has this really neat "Import from Evernote" function, so you don't even have to do an export from Evernote.  Looking promising.

25th

26th

27th

28th

• Like 1

24th "Notion" is the best I've found so far (www.notion.so).  Still looking, though.  And hoping that Evernote fixes the problem by the end of the month.  ADDED LATER:  I've also discovered that Notion has this really neat "Import from Evernote" function, so you don't even have to do an export from Evernote.  Looking promising.

25th 

26th  Oops.  I've discovered that Notion also can't create Android home-screen shortcuts.  Oh well, I'll give OneNote a try.

27th

28th

25th 

26th  Oops.  I've discovered that Notion also can't create Android home-screen shortcuts.  Oh well, I'll give OneNote a try.

27th  It turns out that OneNote isn't nearly as bad as I'd remembered.  Maybe they've improved it over the years.  I think it'll do nicely.

28th  

Why does it seem that almost every time Evernote sends an update lately, I "cringe"? I can not understand why any developer would remove a function or feature in an "Upgraded" version of their product. When or will shortcuts on the Android home screen be added back to the tool?
At least make a downgrade an option until you get the kinks out of your upgrades.