Stop screen going to sleep Android version 10.4

Go to solution Solved by matej1990,

How do I stop the screen going to sleep when I'm looking at a note in the new version of Evernote (android 10.4)?

The screen used to stay on so I could keep looking at a recipe without needing to touch or unlock my phone. I can't find this setting anymore.

• Like 1

Yes, but I don't want to change the timeout time for my phone regardless of what's open. I only want to stop it going to sleep when an Evernote note is open (which is how it worked before the update).

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Kdd said:

I only want to stop it going to sleep when an Evernote note is open

There are very few settings (AFAIK) in the new version so far - if you have the note 'open' for editing it should only be affected by the phone's timeout setting.  If that isn't working in the new version you have reported the issue here - it will get corrected at some stage,  but the phone settings are the only other option until then...

Ok, so this feature was removed in the latest version (or not built into it). That's very sad, Evernote is no longer as usable as it was :( I hope it is put back in soon. In the meantime, is there a way to revert to the old version where the setting is available?

• Evernote Expert

This is a function that is possible to achieve with a third-party application.  I found a couple of links which offer ways to achieve this. The best that can be done whilst it isn't embedded inside Evernote.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/make-your-androids-screen-stay-certain-apps-0171931/

This second link includes apps that just turn off screen sleep for thewhole device which isn't what the OP is seeking.  But there are a couple of apps that would seem to the do the job required.

https://www.guidingtech.com/android-apps-keep-screen-on/

As always my favourite search engine provided the information.

• Like 1

Thanks, I tried 8.13.3 but it wouldn't let me log in for some reason. It doesn't matter, I don't want to waste more time trying to find a work around. I just want Evernote to know that it was a great feature, and many of us would like it back!

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Kdd said:

Thanks, I tried 8.13.3 but it wouldn't let me log in for some reason. It doesn't matter, I don't want to waste more time trying to find a work around. I just want Evernote to know that it was a great feature, and many of us would like it back!

You could post a request in the general Feature Request forum on which other users could vote...

On 2/7/2021 at 1:58 PM, agsteele said:

This is a function that is possible to achieve with a third-party application.  I found a couple of links which offer ways to achieve this. The best that can be done whilst it isn't embedded inside Evernote.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/make-your-androids-screen-stay-certain-apps-0171931/

This second link includes apps that just turn off screen sleep for thewhole device which isn't what the OP is seeking.  But there are a couple of apps that would seem to the do the job required.

https://www.guidingtech.com/android-apps-keep-screen-on/

As always my favourite search engine provided the information.

Good idea, but on your links either app is not available anymore or it's not possible to install it through Google Play Store.

I want something that is set it and forget it. App in which I can select to override screen out time per app basis.
If someone has something I am all ears. It's driving me crazy to always wake my screen on for Evernote notes.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Emmanuel Arko-Cobbah said:

But I think Evernote should sort this problem out

I'd suggest you support the feature request above and contact Support (that's not us) to see what they say...