Printing an entire notebook.

RAge

I have over 320 notes and want to print the notes.
I do not want to select each one and hit print...

What I have tried so far in the windows app:

- Shift-> Click and it selects up to 50 notes. (not optimal but better than 1...)
- Right click and get a list of options but not print.
- I clicked on the 3 dots (...) but print is not available. (But it is if I only select 1 note.)
- After multi select, I looked in the pull down menus for print. (Did not find it)

Why can I not select a notebook and print it 1 note per page etc?

I want a hard copy of my note in-case evernote vanishes one day...

Cheers

• RAge changed the title to Printing an entire notebook.
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I have 50,000 notes,  and there's not that much paper...

If you want to backup your account,  try right-clicking a notebook name and you should get an option to download all the notes to an ENEX format file which can be re-imported to Evernote - and several other apps - should you have the need.  It's not currently possible to print the whole notebook (AFAIK) but you could consider installing the Legacy app (on a desktop which still has that option)

Thanks for the info.
My plan was to print to PDF not paper...
Also i understand ENEX allows me to re-import to evernote, but what if evernote gets shutdown/canceled/sued/etc...

You mentioned an older app version that allowed printing the notebook, do you happen to know the version?
Also I was not aware I could import ENEX to any other software than evernote?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, RAge said:

but what if evernote gets shutdown/canceled/sued/etc...

14 minutes ago, RAge said:

I was not aware I could import ENEX to any other software than evernote?

The likelihood of Evernote being shut down to the extent that users lose access to their notes is pretty remote,  and even if a shut-down happened it would be standard practice to either offer an escape route to another app or give some months' notice to allow users to save their data.  I use an app to export my notebooks to ENEX on a daily basis which IMHO is sufficient to protect me against catastrophic system failure,  network loss and the possible need to jump ship.

Since Evernote has an enormous juicy pile of millions of users, several other competitor apps have engineered their own import feature so as to make any changeover as painless as possible - even to the extent, in at least a couple of cases, of offering ENEX import.  

The 'older' versions of Evernote are the Legacy apps for Windows and Mac desktop  

• Level 5*
On 2/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, RAge said:

I want a hard copy of my note in-case evernote vanishes one day...
My plan was to print to PDF not paper...

Your "print to PDF" plan fails on preserving attachments
I'm using the Evernote Legacy product and my data backups include a weekly full export in HTML format

The Evernote legacy product can be installed from https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

I agree the odds of a shutdown are remote, but I have seen  Amazon shut servers off to a company recently.

So anything cam happen these days, better to be safe than sorry :)

Installing the older version now...

• Like 1

nope, I just installed it, opened/ran it and it prompted me to login, then is loops.
Since then, I installed it again on a different PC and is seems to work better.

Tried export to http and mht (Offline) they succeed but the local copy.
I think I might need to download the attachments separately?
** I'm guessing just put them in the same folder?

Oh on the print to PDF, i tried to multi-select notes and the print option disapeared.. 
So the export to HTML or mht...