Will my Evernote Plus annual subscription auto renew to Plus?

• Level 5*

Hi.  As far as I know,  Evernote will continue to renew Plus accounts as is unless you wish to upgrade or cancel your subscription.  I'm not sure whether the 40% discount applies to existing Plus subscribers - you'd have to confirm that with Support.  If it does, you'd have one year at the reduced level,  then you'd pay the full then current price at next renewal.  The discount may or may not be available through iTunes - it might simplify matters if you cancelled that arrangement and paid Evernote direct.

How to manage your Evernote subscription

• 4 weeks later...

I had been grandfathered for years but for some reason my account randomly "purchased" Premium in November 2020 by itself. My renewal date is in July which I had paid for already so it makes no sense for my account to take any action. I also put "purchased" in quotes because I wasn't actually charged anything and every month since I've been receiving payment failed notifications. I'm trying to sort this out with support but they don't seem to get it. They just tell me I'm premium now and can't do anything. Still don't know why it even happened.

I'm looking to possibly switch now, since the only real features I use are multiple device sync and offline notebooks. Totally not worth going from $35/year to $95/year when I don't even use the other premium features. Getting rid of the Plus plan was so dumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:56 PM, gazumped said:

As far as I know,  Evernote will continue to renew Plus accounts as is unless you wish to upgrade or cancel your subscription.

Have you checked your account details at https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action ?  If you're showing as Plus with a July renewal date you should have no issues,  but if you do show as Premium and you're not paying the subscription,  your account might downgrade to Basic which could cause you some further problems.

• 1 month later...

This sucks.  I never realized they cancelled Plus plan and our card ran out in Apple Store so the plan expired and now I only have option to buy Premium.  There's no way I can find to even talk to someone to try to get it restored.

• Level 5*
On 4/24/2021 at 11:22 PM, Pete Note said:

This sucks.  I never realized they cancelled Plus plan and our card ran out in Apple Store so the plan expired and now I only have option to buy Premium.  There's no way I can find to even talk to someone to try to get it restored.

Hi. There are other threads on billing issues...

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, Richard Kalin said:

That is the question.  Are current Plus subscribers grandfathered into Plus or is Plus being totally done away with?

As a side note, I pay with Itunes and I was unable to use Evernote's 40% off of Premium promotion.

Thank you.

What is this Premium promotion? Haven't find anything about it.

• Level 5*
On 6/26/2021 at 1:38 PM, WarrenP94 said:

What is this Premium promotion? Haven't find anything about it.

- Please see (and contact) the billing threads.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum;  no information here about subscriptions or promotions.

• Level 5

EN is shelling out a promo from time to time. Currently it is 25% off for the first year of Premium. I get it on my (second) basic account, probably Plus users are targeted as well.

I would take it as it is: The company tries to expand his paying user base. Take it if you like it, or leave it.

About Plus: Every Plus subscriber has a binding contract with EN until the subscription is up for renewal. If EN wanted to stop the Plus subscriptions, they needed to send them an information telling „that at the end of the current subscription period, the Plan XYZ will no longer be available. Options are …“ . I have not heard anything like this, so currently it goes on. And if, every user would get time to think it through. But again, I have no inside knowledge, and there are NO hints the Plus plan will be stopped.

• Like 1