Losing notes between iPhone and Windows sync

Normally, I use Evernote in browser on my PC during the day. And at night, or other times I'm away from my computer, I will take notes on the EN app on my iPhone. Lately, the notes I've been taking on my iPhone don't show up on my PC the next day, and when I go to check what I had typed in on my iPhone, the notes are gone there too, like they never happened.

I make sure to hit the check mark in the corner of the iPhone app note when I'm done. I also make sure to close EN on the PC whenever I'm away from computer in case that causes problems.

I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue with the iPhone app, or my PC, or if there's something else I'm overlooking. This has only been happening recently, I usually have no issue going between the two, so maybe an update issue?

I've had issues with the iPhone app especially when adding photos etc. in iPhone.

I would start with removing the Evernote app on your iPhone and reinstalling it first (if you have not tried this before of course). That solved my syncing problems before.

I don't use the web app so I don't have any experience there.

7 hours ago, TK0047 said:

I've had issues with the iPhone app especially when adding photos etc. in iPhone.

I would start with removing the Evernote app on your iPhone and reinstalling it first (if you have not tried this before of course). That solved my syncing problems before.

I don't use the web app so I don't have any experience there.

I figured that would be the case! I've removed and re-installed and now I'll see if the problem persists. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have a similar problem.  When making changes to a note in the iOS app, I always perform a manual sync before closing the app.  Sometimes, hours later, both the updated note AND the old note appear in the Windows 10 desktop app.  The desktop app calls my attention to the duplicate notes. I always make sure that only one app is open at a time, so this cannot be the cause of the problem.  I have experienced this problem ever since making the mistake to "upgrading" to version 10.