Note could not be uploaded/updated?

Dear friends from the Evernote community,

I have to say that I am fed up with Evernote on Mac... The newest version has problems to update my notes and it seems as if Evernote was forcing me to pay for the premium version in order to have stability (notes need now permanent Internet connection to update).

I have just written a paragraph in a note and twice it has been erased because it could not be uploaded. Has anyone had this error before? Any tips on what to do? My WLAN connection is not always strong... Very frustrating since I have everything on Evernote since 2012...

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

How large is the note ? Upload limit for a single note (Basic) is 25 MB. There is a certain overhead, so probably the net size is appr. 20MB. A few pictures or a large pdf can be enough to go beyond that.

Its not even 1 MB...

• Level 5

Then I don’t understand your concern about „being forced to go Premium“. The software is the same, the permanent updating is the same, so the problem would probably be the same.

You could try to go offline, edit, go back online and see if it syncs.

You could do the same, copy the content to a new note, delete the problematic one, back online, maybe it syncs

The ultimate solution at the moment is to install the legacy client:

2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Then I don’t understand your concern about „being forced to go Premium“. The software is the same, the permanent updating is the same, so the problem would probably be the same.

You could try to go offline, edit, go back online and see if it syncs.

You could do the same, copy the content to a new note, delete the problematic one, back online, maybe it syncs

The ultimate solution at the moment is to install the legacy client:

My concern is that some time ago, everyone could just access and modify their notes offline without problems.

Now, Premium says:

UNTETHER YOURSELF

Capture and access everything that matters on all of your devices, even when you’re offline.

I have already had problems when I have no connection (notes won't open) and now this... It's just frustrating to write a long paragraph and, after 5 minutes writing, its gone, no conflictive notes, no automatic backup note... just write it again and try. :P

I may try that legacy client though.

• Level 5

My advise was not to work offline in general. It was to try switching offline in this case to unlock the problem with your single note.

That the „permanent“ sync approach is prone to problems was discussed in other forum threads already, no need to repeat this discussion. Many of those who posted were Premium users, so I assume the subscription does not fix the syncing problem.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, HugoAlcala93 said:

Capture and access everything that matters on all of your devices, even when you’re offline.

That's a reference to a paid feature for the IOS/Android platforms