Quick note in Google Pixel 3a notification bar gone since update. Very slow opening evernote

Since the recent big updates, the handy quick note feature in the notification bar has disappeared on my Google Pixel 3a. I can't find anyway to put it back. 

Also, opening Evernote takes way too long since the updates. 

I've been a happy paying user for over 7 years now but I'll have to switch if these issues can't be resolved. Everything was perfect before the recent big updates.

Please help.

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 2:25 AM, Russ Jones said:

Since the recent big updates, the handy quick note feature in the notification bar has disappeared on my Google Pixel 3a. I can't find anyway to put it back. 

Also, opening Evernote takes way too long since the updates. 

I've been a happy paying user for over 7 years now but I'll have to switch if these issues can't be resolved. Everything was perfect before the recent big updates.

Please help.

This was such a useful feature which I was using 25-30 times every day. Just pull down the notification drawer to add a new note. Super quick and very easy.

The simplicity of this feature was the key - it let the user add a note with just two clicks. one click to open. one more to save. no other frills. You don't even need to see the main app window.

I am now using the older legacy version. The new v10 on Android is so bad.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5

I just got a new phone with Android 13 and upgraded to Evernote v. 10 (my old Android 9 couldn't install it). I like it overall, as I'm used to the features on other devices. But I'm disappointed that the quick note feature from the notification bar pulldown seems to be gone. As others have said, that was very handy. There is a "simple note" that seems to be the same thing, but created from a homescreen widget, which is much less convenient than just pulling down wherever you are. Am I just overlooking it, or is this feature still missing?

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just got a new phone with Android 13 and upgraded to Evernote v. 10 (my old Android 9 couldn't install it). I like it overall, as I'm used to the features on other devices. But I'm disappointed that the quick note feature from the notification bar pulldown seems to be gone. As others have said, that was very handy. There is a "simple note" that seems to be the same thing, but created from a homescreen widget, which is much less convenient than just pulling down wherever you are. Am I just overlooking it, or is this feature still missing?

It's missing. And for me personally, it's also STILL missing my personal favorite way to create a new note, long-pressing on the launcher icon (which was supported by the old Android app, to be clear). 😟

• Like 1