Improve MERGE by including tags and dates for each note

whitehawk

Idea

When I merge notes, I lose the information of what tags were on each note, and the date of each note.

Would it be possible to include those in the header for each note, eg

=== NOTE 1 @ <date> , <tags>

[note 1 content]

=== NOTE 2 @ <date> , <tags>

[note 2 content]

Thanks for considering this.

cheers,

Julie

• Thanks 1

2 replies to this idea

Also, in merging it seems that the URL information for the individual notes have been lost. I just get the URL from the first one; the other ones seem omitted. I did not find a corresponding setting in the "Advanced Options" either.

In the legacy version, there was an option where you got Title, Author, URL in a box.

Did I miss something, or is this feature omitted?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lhb said:

Also, in merging it seems that the URL information for the individual notes have been lost. I just get the URL from the first one; the other ones seem omitted. I did not find a corresponding setting in the "Advanced Options" either.

In the legacy version, there was an option where you got Title, Author, URL in a box.

Did I miss something, or is this feature omitted?

I completely agree. I need the individual URLs from the notes so I can go back to the source. I some cases the URL is already in the body of the note so there is no problem. However in other cases the only record of the URL is in the note URL field and as you say only one is retained.

This and problems with merging notes containing images means I am currently not merging notes using V10

• Like 3