How Do I Disable Quick Notes on Windows?

I have a ton of Notes that contain everything from tech manuals to recipes to employee data and I use Evernote to quickly find that information.  I NEVER use Evernote's Quick Notes features and yet, now, every time I need to pull up Evernote, I have that annoying Quick Note screen popup from my Notification Bar and I have to click the expand button.

Given that I do this process, on average, 20 times a day, it is beyond aggravating and yet there does not appear to be anyway to get rid of it.

Past versions DID provide this option but the current version does not seem to free me from this annoying feature.

Does anybody know how to eliminate Quick Notes from the Notification Bar in Windows 10 in the latest version?

Thank you!

• Level 5*

I tend to use Evernote web for look-ups - if you use Chrome there's a way to create a desktop shortcut to open a web app in its own Chrome Window (regardless of whatever other browser you might have active).  The shortcut will also retain your login details - good if you open the app several times in one day,  bad if anyone else has access to your device!

Desktop Shortcut to run a web app

• You need an active Chrome tab where you're logged into Evernote (or any other app). 
  • Go to the Three dots menu and choose 'more tools',  then 'create shortcut' and tick Open As A Window. 
  • You should get a shortcut on your desktop which will open Evernote (or..) in a minimal window. 
  • Any relevant extensions will still be available.
13 hours ago, LTEMIN said:

I have a ton of Notes that contain everything from tech manuals to recipes to employee data and I use Evernote to quickly find that information.  I NEVER use Evernote's Quick Notes features and yet, now, every time I need to pull up Evernote, I have that annoying Quick Note screen popup from my Notification Bar and I have to click the expand button.

Given that I do this process, on average, 20 times a day, it is beyond aggravating and yet there does not appear to be anyway to get rid of it.

Past versions DID provide this option but the current version does not seem to free me from this annoying feature.

Does anybody know how to eliminate Quick Notes from the Notification Bar in Windows 10 in the latest version?

Thank you!

I have the exact same question!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Zebryk said:

How to eliminate this totally unnessesary step?

Who vetts these "improvements" before making them standard?

AFAIK there's no current way to suppress the pop-up,  though if you use Evernote for look-ups as with the original poster,  you may find it faster to have a shortcut on the desktop pointing to one specific note.  That should open directly allowing you to refer to it,  or to search for another,  as required.

As to whose bright idea this process was,  I'd have no idea.