Export to enex gives wrong export date (by a month)

ben_manc

Idea

I'm exporting notes to enex (xml) files from desktop v 10.7.6 on windows 10. The metadata in each note (in the en-export tag) includes a value for export-date which appears to consistently inflate the timestamp by one month. I've only been doing this for a couple of days, so cannot say whether it was an issue in the past.

I include a screen shot from Notepad++ showing an export date of 01-Mar-2021 (which should be today, 01-Feb-2021).

EnexFileDetail.PNG

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2/1/2021 at 1:57 AM, ben_manc said:

The metadata in each note (in the en-export tag) includes a value for export-date which appears to consistently inflate the timestamp by one month.

Confirmed with testing Version 10.7.6  on a Mac

>>I've only been doing this for a couple of days, so cannot say whether it was an issue in the past.

Export with Evernote Legacy creates the correct export date

I'm very disappointed to find that still is not fixed.  I opened a request (3716753) reporting the problem in 10.58.8 and worked with support until 2023-07-19 they said they had duplicated it.  Then 2023-08-03 there was a post from "Evernote Support Team" saying "Our team worked hard to find a solution to the issue that you kindly flagged up. However, it was not possible for us to reproduce it successfully nor to detect a generalized issue."  What *****.

For the last two months I've posted a "still not fixed" example to my request with every update that has come down the pike, and nobody has had the courtesy to comment on it.  I notice that the request display page no longer shows an "Open" or "Fixed" status in the block at the right side of the screen, and I'm wondering if this is flagged "ignore" on their side and I'm wasting my time.  Do I just keep going and wait because they're so obviously working on "more important" stuff, or give up, or put in a new request to bring it back on the radar, or ???.

• Level 5

Here's what I got when I exported a small test note today (2023-10-01) to .enex from the Windows desktop v. 10.62.5, the most recent version, with relevant data highlighted (and my name obscured):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE en-export SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/evernote-export4.dtd">
<en-export export-date="20231101T192655Z" application="Evernote" version="10.62.5">
  <note>
    <title>Test checkBOXES</title>
    <created>20231001T190451Z</created>
    <updated>20231001T191055Z</updated>
    <note-attributes>
      <author>deleted</author>
    </note-attributes>
    <content>
      <![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE en-note SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/enml2.dtd"><en-note><div>Test check<b><u>BOXES</u></b></div><div>.<en-todo checked="false" />One</div><div>.<en-todo checked="true" />Two</div><div>.<en-todo checked="false" />Three</div><div>.</div></en-note>      ]]>
    </content>
  </note>
</en-export>

So I'm also seeing the same issue. I don't do .enex export/import much, so I don't know what problems this causes, but obviously it's inaccurate.

Well, apparently not everything in Tech Support is hopeless.  I persisted in posting samples to my ticket 3716753 for every Windows client update for the last four months (about fifteen of them), and saying "bug still not fixed" every time.  Six days ago I got an email thanking me for my patience and saying the export-date bug was fixed in 10.76.2, which I verified is true!  Yay! 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1