With Paste, thew text is inserted in a new line

On a note, when I paste a text with Ctrl-V, the text is pasted by inserting CRs between the lines.
For example, with the line:

Word1 Word2

Wanting to insert the word TEXT between Word1 and Word2, the result is

Word1
Text
Word2

This is very annoying, because you always have to delete the added CRs.
If you write down some code, there is a risk that you will make mistakes for deleting something you shouldn't do.

I don't understand if this is due to some option, which I haven't found.

My Evernote version is:

10.6.9 - win - ddl - public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Servizio: v1.26.7

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

I am having this same issue. a few months back when it started I reverted back to an older version so it doesn't do that. I updates now again hoping in the newer releases it has been fixed but I see it has not.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert

I'm not sure I am following what is being attempted.

I copy text to the clipboard, paste it into a note and I get just the text that I would expect.  No additional carriage returns.

Perhaps I am not doing exactly what you are doing.  The original poster raised this several months ago on an older version of the desktop application.

I can see that @PeeGee is using v10.21.5 but with the Windows store version.  I have the direct download version so that is the only difference . Can you describe in simple steps how I could reproduce the issue? I don't doubt it exists but cannot reproduce anything.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem for several months now. It only happens when you paste something into a "Code Block". Even if you only paste one character, it will add a new line before and after. Thus you always have to do some manual editing after pasting.

I have the issue on Windows, in the app and the browser (Firefox), as well on iOS devices.

• Like 1

+-

On 11/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, PinkElephant said:

This thread is not very active, and it seems nobody really has a clue. Since it seems to happen on all clients, it is probably build into the code bloc core code.

If on a subscription, you could issue a support ticket,

I have not answered until now because I see that there are other users who have the same problem as me, but for months, although there have been at least a dozen updates, the problem is still present.

I report in EN the documentation of the commands typed on the servers and the lines of code.
Moving the text to a new line creates big problems because if I don't notice it, then when I go to copy the commands to bring them back to a console, I will go to paste something wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been almost a year since anyone has posted in this thread, so apparently the problem is pretty rare, or occurs only in special contexts (such as code blocks). 

The frequency of the bug probably depends on how frequently you copy into code blocks. Personally I do it almost every working day, and a year on it is still occurring.

10.49.4-win-winstore-public (355)
Editor: v161.2.19948
Service: v1.61.2

It's still unclear if anybody has submitted this as an actual bug to EN support. Unless "I report in EN the documentation of the commands typed on the servers and the lines of code." is what that meant.

(I'd submit it, but it's hardly a bother to me personally.)

• 2 months later...