PDF's Larger Than 20MB Can Only be Shown as Attachments - No Option to Show As "Single Page" or "All"

First, I have sent several email to the support email, but never received a ticket number, let alone a response

Secondly, the link https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action pointing to further support is broken - I receive a message "Oops, we encountered an error. Sorry, we encountered an error while loading this page. Please try again later, or contact Evernote Support for assistance." Only, there is no other way to contact Evernote Support. This is abysmal service on Evernote's part - and it has been so for ages.

Now to the issue: Since the introduction of Evernote 10, which I really like, there is no option for large attachments "larger than 20MB", such as PDF's, to be shown in preview mode. The only option is to show as attachment. The usual options to show as "Single Page" or "All" is NO longer available.

I have attached two screenshots to illustrate the issue.

I have previously had luck to contact support as the first stable version was out - they just said that my request is a feature request, not a bug. I have asked how this can be a feature request, when it's apparently a flaw. Why should Evernote dictate how I have my notes shown - and this was never an issue in previous versions of Evernote.

Evernote support has even been able to re-produce the error - NOTHING IS DONE.

1. Does anyone else have this error

2. Does anyone know how to currently get in touch with Evernote Support?

Thank you - and stay safe!

View Option for Smaller Attachment.png

View Options for Large attachement.png

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, doodah said:

Hi @California_Ace - I am getting the same issue too with large PDFs - though for me 50MB appears to be threshold. Did you manage to contact support and get a response?

Hi.  Version 10 still seems to have some training wheels attached - have you tried the Legacy version?  One of my PDFs is around 200MB and I can access it fine...

4 hours ago, doodah said:

Hi @California_Ace - I am getting the same issue too with large PDFs - though for me 50MB appears to be threshold. Did you manage to contact support and get a response?

I still have the issue with PDF-larger than 20MB, however I am happy to hear that others have this problem as well. Evernote has told me that they are not aware of this issue and cannot replicate. I am absolutely sure that they only use smaller files.

The legacy version worked like a charm for all kinds of files.

Support from Evernote is not good......

May I suggest that you also report this issue. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Version 10 still seems to have some training wheels attached - have you tried the Legacy version?  One of my PDFs is around 200MB and I can access it fine...

Hi Gazupumped, Yes, the legacy version worked like a champ for all sizes of PDF-Files.

Unfortunately, Evernote Support does not acknowledge that there is an issue.

• 2 months later...

I've just uploaded 75Mb PDF, and the new version became painfully slow. I've spent a few minutes in an attempt to scroll to the end of the file, then gave up on it. I can view this PDF in 'legacy' version, though can't find any way to do annotations.  This suggestion from Evernote does not work for me "Older version of Evernote for Windows: Right-click on a PDF from inside a note and select Annotate This Image from the pop-up menu.".  When I right-click on the PDF image, there is no "Annotate.." option. Any ideas???  I'm using web client on Windows 10.

• Like 1