I want to upload a low resolution photo

In a previous IOS version of Evernote, there was a setting for the photo resolution I wanted to use when uploading photos to Evernote. Now in the 10.2 version of the iOS app, I can’t find this setting and my quota is quickly getting filled up due to unnecessary large image resolution being used. Is this getting fixed in a later version or is this setting now only accessible in Premium?I don’t use the web version at all, but perhaps this function is accessible in the web version?

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
On 1/30/2021 at 10:24 AM, Cbu said:

Is this getting fixed in a later version or is this setting now only accessible in Premium?I don’t use the web version at all, but perhaps this function is accessible in the web version?

Hi.  AFAIK the option is not (yet) available in Premium or the web version.  Evernote tend not to share when or whether specific features will be added to the app.  I'm not an iOS user,  but if you can find an app that will allow you to capture lower-res images it might be easier to use that for immediate capture and add images and comments to Evernote later.

• Level 5

1) If you are really still on 10.2. , I would rapidly update. Current EN iOS release is 10.4, it has better functionality and is a lot less buggy.

2) No direct solution for this picture shrinking. I really don’t remember it from the old iOS apps. You could resize the image, but it was still saved with the same resolution. The best way to define a picture size was (and still is) to add a table, bring it to size and place the picture inside of a table cell. Better table editing support is announced by EN for one of the next EN iOS releases.

3) In the iOS shortcuts app, there are several shortcuts available that will resize an image, and place it on the clipboard or import the resized picture into EN. You can search them in the shortcuts gallery. It is an additional step, but it takes most of the manual work out of resizing.