Evernote Free account problem

Good afternoon.-

I have the following problem: when I log in with evernote it asks me to upgrade to a premium version to continue using the service. Meanwhile it is locked and I cannot access my notes. Luckily I have everything saved in Microsoft's OneNote.

Does Evernote no longer have a free version? .. or what?

Thank you.

• Level 5*

The free Basic account is restricted for access by two devices; web access counts as one device

If this limit is exceeded, a device must be revoked before continuing   

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, RAiY said:

I only have my mobile android and windows lap top; that is, two devices, the limit.

You should check the device list in your account settings   
There should have been a link in the error page

Problem solved. This was exactly what DTLow suggested: in the account settings I had three devices listed. The third device was a cell phone that I had bought some time ago and in which I used evernote; then I stopped using this device because I bought another one and I no longer remembered that I was logged into evernote on it. So I removed it from the list and I can now access my notes.

Many thanks to all who responded.

I have had a similar issue with Basic Evernote...so I removed two devices and had only two left per Evernote requirements.  But now that Evernote Web is a feature, I still have too many devices, so to include Evernote Web, I had to delete my phone.  Well, then I made the mistake of trying to get off of the "upgrade to premium" page by hitting the syncing devices link and went over my monthly quota of syncs.  Now, I can NOT sign into to Evernote until next month.....what a penalty to Basic users!!   Has anyone found a way to get back into his or her account without having to wait a month?   This is a horrible way to force us to sign up for premium.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 7:45 AM, DTLow said:

web access counts as one device

I find this the MOST annoying feature of free Evernote. I was having unacceptable performance issues with the Win10 Evernote app running so slow so wanted to finish my notes on the same laptop using a web browser. Instead of being allowed to productively finish my notes on time I was confronted with an annoying WARNING I was exceeding my device allocation (my other device is a smart phone) by using TWO software's on ONE laptop and to add insult to injury a further WARNING to even try this more than twice a month would disable the account on the device.

Not surprisingly with this kind of service I am looking at alternative apps. Pity really as when I started Evernote ten years ago it was great.

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, palatkik said:

when I started Evernote ten years ago it was great.

You've used software free for 10 years and don't see any irony in complaining the service has gone downhill?  If only they'd had the funds from somewhere...  oh wait...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

You've used software free for 10 years and don't see any irony in complaining the service has gone downhill?  If only they'd had the funds from somewhere...  oh wait...

I have used paid versions as well during those years. You are overlooking one key component here that 'the customer is always right'. I'll be right to take my custom away if things don't improve.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, palatkik said:

I have used paid versions as well during those years.

In that case I apologise for the snark.  But really - if as a free customer you take your custom away,  you're actually helping the company!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 4:49 PM, gazumped said:

But really - if as a free customer you take your custom away,  you're actually helping the company!

Great - the feeling will be mutual. Hate coming on forums and getting snide snippets for using a perfectly legal free version. Got all my notes exported to the new app, so that's all folks.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, palatkik said:

getting snide snippets for using a perfectly legal free version

Not a snide snippet - just a bald statement of fact.  Evernote currently has two (I imagine) unwelcome drains on its profitability.  A large number of 'free' customers who've been using a significant portion of the company's resources for years,  and -more recently- a large body of Legacy/ Old version users (like me!) who're using resources that Evernote may have 'streamlined' in the new version.  I still sync my whole database when I sync (forinstance) when the new app just stores current notes locally so presumably produces much less traffic. (I stress: all unconfirmed supposition on my part...)

They're demonstrably tightening the rules on the Basic account to make long-term use less attractive,  and I wait with interest the first moves to persuade us hold-outs to update to v10...  🤔 

Good luck in your new home.

• Like 1