Search Syntax for a Complex Search

I'm trying to figure out how to combine two searches into a single complex one.

The first search shows me all notes with reminders for today: reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1

The second search shows me all notes with either of two tags: any: tag:"3-30+ minutes" tag:"3-10-30 minutes"

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I'm trying to figure out how to combine two searches into a single complex one.

The first search shows me all notes with reminders for today: reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1

The second search shows me all notes with either of two tags: any: tag:"3-30+ minutes" tag:"3-10-30 minutes"

Thanks for any suggestions.

You can't combine AND and ANY searches with EN in one search. 

The workaround is to perform one of the searches and add a temp tag to those notes and then add that temp tag to the other search.  In your example you could add TempToday to the reminder search and then add TempToday to the other ANY search.

• Thanks 1

CalS, thanks for your reply. I used the process you suggested and got my results.

I came up with another way as well that didn't involve reminders. I created a stored search like this: any: -tag:"3-30+ minutes" -tag:"3-10-30 minutes" and used the filter dropdown to add AND filters. This only works the five filter categories in version 10 (Tags, Located in, Contains, Created, Updated). It reminded me of my SQL coding days from more years ago than I care to remember.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1