Spell Check Not Working in Tables

Hi Everyone.

A year or so ago I started using Evernote built templates. I like them but the one issue I have is that I'm taking notes inside a table. And when that happens, I'm not able to use spell check with a right-click-and-fix solution. A right click yields table properties (image attached). Other that stripping out the tables, is there any other way to fix this that I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

Evernote Spell Check.png

Josh: This has been driving me nuts for a while now. So much so that I just googled it and came upon your post. 

At the moment I'm using Drafts to compose my text to be placed inside the table cell. The copy and paste into evernote is certainly one step I'd prefer not to take.

While I haven't searched for any other answers to this question yet I hope it is addressed here.

Thanks!

-Eric

4 minutes ago, Slap Bumwalla said:

Josh: This has been driving me nuts for a while now. So much so that I just googled it and came upon your post. 

At the moment I'm using Drafts to compose my text to be placed inside the table cell. The copy and paste into evernote is certainly one step I'd prefer not to take.

While I haven't searched for any other answers to this question yet I hope it is addressed here.

Thanks!

-Eric

Thanks for breaking the long span of silence on the this post, Eric. Since it has gone without comments for so long, I figured I was the only one with this issue.

I appreciate your work around although like you, I too see it as just another step and something that seems like it should be incorporated.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2021 at 6:20 PM, Josh C. said:

Thanks for breaking the long span of silence on the this post, Eric. Since it has gone without comments for so long, I figured I was the only one with this issue.

I appreciate your work around although like you, I too see it as just another step and something that seems like it should be incorporated.

For when I don't use the Drafts app to write I amended my journal template with a "spelling zone" to copy and paste words. It feels really awkward and I'm annoyed every time have to use it. The copy and paste operation totally messes up my flow as I'm writing but its better than staring at a misspelled word.

I also just submitted an official support ticket for this issue. You may want to do the same just to see if we can't get more attention put on the issue.

-Eric

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Slap Bumwalla said:

For when I don't use the Drafts app to write I amended my journal template with a "spelling zone" to copy and paste words. It feels really awkward and I'm annoyed every time have to use it. The copy and paste operation totally messes up my flow as I'm writing but its better than staring at a misspelled word.

I also just submitted an official support ticket for this issue. You may want to do the same just to see if we can't get more attention put on the issue.

-Eric

Clever solution, Eric. And good suggestion on the ticket. Thanks!

Josh,

I've been going back and forth with evernote support (who have been really awesome and responsive) and I've come to realize that if I use an external mouse I can spell check a word in a table. It is only when I control-click on my MacBook trackpad that it doesn't work. It seems that control-clicking with the trackpad highlights the whole table instead of acting on the word itself. 

I never use an external mouse with my MacBook. It would inconvenient to impossible for me to do so most of the time.

Give it a try if you can. It could be an ok workaround.

I will continue to ask evernote to fix this problem.

Good luck,

-Eric

Eric,

Thank you for your persistence in working with the Evernote staff on this little oddball problem. I'm also using a MacBook so control-click was what I was using although I do have an external mouse. I tested your theory and indeed I am able to bring up the suggested/corrected word with a right-click within a table. Having a pad or mouse is irrelevant to me so I will give the mouse a shot for a bit to test if there is any fallout within Evernote.

Otherwise, you are correct, this is a solid workaround (for those who have an external mouse).

PS: I can't quite hit the "Mark as Solution" button but it sounds like you are awfully close to getting that designation!

• Like 1