New Notes drop down template list

Eamont

Idea

Is it possible to alter the list of templates in the New Notes drop down list ?  I don't find the ones there particularly relevant but would like to replace them with templates I have created myself 

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Eamont said:

Hi Gazumped

Thanks for your reply - I know how to create templates but I am looking for a way to put them into the drop down list in the New Notes button

Yup.  I understood the query - you're looking for this sort of setup...

2072364874_templatechoices.jpg.5ea1311d8b8dbc3d77334089bc14e406.jpg

- which is what I get in a new note when I have created templates...  

• Like 1

I agree with Eamont. Saying it differently. When hovering over the new note icon I would like a choice of custom note options from " My Templates" gallery rather than the canned templates.

Replace these. You can keep the blank note. 

image.png.99f1abd71be6a602ecd62b2685414019.png

• Like 2
On 2/23/2021 at 9:24 AM, MODUM said:

I agree with Eamont. Saying it differently. When hovering over the new note icon I would like a choice of custom note options from " My Templates" gallery rather than the canned templates.

image.png.99f1abd71be6a602ecd62b2685414019.png

It’s not possible yet. Every time I get a chance, I mention it as a feature request.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:24 PM, MODUM said:

I agree 100%. Canned templates can only be a starting point. 99% of the time I will want to make some change, however minor, and then save it as my own. Even if I wanted one of their templates who is to say that it will be in the 8 they list out of the 57 available. I think we should be able to customise the drop down list to have whichever ones we want including a mixture of theirs and ours. 

• Level 5*

OK - I finally understood which templates we're talking about (!).  I moved the thread to General Feature Requests so you can vote it up in the top left of the page.  Dont know if it helps,  but it can't hurt.  Please vote if you agree that a drop-down list of 'favourite templates' is a good idea! 

EDIT:  if this is a feature request already,  I couldn't find it - please post the link if it is...  🤔