Firefox private browsing issue

Trying to access Evernote with Firefox in private browsing mode, the following error appears: "Your current browser configuration is blocking Evernote from opening".
With Chrome, however, the problem is not there. I don't understand the reason for this problem with Firefox. 

• Level 5

Maybe because Chrome is a sieve, whereas Firefox is a bucket, when tracking and privacy is concerned.

Or more likely there is an extension or setting differently set between the two. Privacy mode is not „private“, it usually just means no cookies will be stored on the computer after the session.

It is up to you to use this mode, but if it is your own computer, this mode IMHO does not make much sense for regular programs like EN. The one exception is online banking.

Yes, I know how private mode works. Usually I have a private Firefox window open with the various tabs. I agree that private mode have no much sense with EN but to use EN I have to open another Firefox window in normal mode, it's annoying as well as consuming resources.

• Level 5*

@saverio - Websites in Chrome can be set to open in their own sandboxed window - which can have its own shortcut and act like a separate app.  I run a couple of apps in this way - it's easier to tab between open windows,  and it uses (I think) less resource than one window with tabs.  You can also run a Chrome window alongside a Firefox browser.

• Open the app you want to see in the window
  • Go to the three dots menu > more tools > create shortcut and tick "open as a window"