OneNote Integration

I signed up for Evernote today and wandering if I can import all my notes from OneNote into here. I created my first note here and it's very easy and straight forward to use. I am a professional content writer and I keep all my notes into OneNote for now and sync them across different devices. 

• Level 5*
On 1/26/2021 at 9:53 PM, M Saqib said:

I signed up for Evernote today and wandering if I can import all my notes from OneNote into here. I created my first note here and it's very easy and straight forward to use. I am a professional content writer and I keep all my notes into OneNote for now and sync them across different devices. 

Hi.  It's often suggested that moving between note apps is difficult because any library of previous notes might be in a very different format. Importing could require extensive editing and be very time consuming. OneNote forinstance doesn't use tags, while Evernote doesn't understand multi-page notes. Conversion between the two will always generate anomalies.

There are a few options:

• Leave all 'old' notes in the original app where individual records can be rescued and converted if and when required. This means searching in two places for information, but requires no up front conversion at all.
  • Generate an index of some sort from the old app and import that to the new one.
  • Import all notes, ignoring any errors that crop up. This means searches are all in one place, and if notes need further editing to be brought up to date, that will be limited to active records.

As far as importing is concerned,  the Legacy version of Evernote desktop should still include an 'import from OneNote' option.

Anyone else have further input?  I'm doing the same thing... I'm having issues with OneNote syncing all notebooks across 3 devices... my tablet and phone update fine on 2 of 3 notebooks but not the one I use the most. Unacceptable as you can imagine. The online help says to import it, but only references/looks for the Evernote export file .enex or something... OneNote just literally zips up the folder of the notebook/notes/files.  ????  Ideas?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Kahu said:

Anyone else have further input?  I'm doing the same thing... I'm having issues with OneNote syncing all notebooks across 3 devices... my tablet and phone update fine on 2 of 3 notebooks but not the one I use the most. Unacceptable as you can imagine. The online help says to import it, but only references/looks for the Evernote export file .enex or something... OneNote just literally zips up the folder of the notebook/notes/files.  ????  Ideas?

Can you explain in more detail what you're trying to accomplish?  We can't help you with OneNote syncs,  and if you import a OneNote database into Evernote,  it'll be stored in whatever format survives the import on Evernote's server and synced to other devices from there...