Mac: If you close the main window, there's no way to open it again

joshfree

Idea

If I accidentally close the main window in the Mac app, there's no way to open it again without quitting the app and relaunching it. Nothing in the View or File menu. Seems pretty lame. Am I missing something?

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

I've had the same problem. Seems like something that should get fixed so you either can't close the main window, or if you do, you can open a new one.

I've had times when it would have been nice to have 2 main windows open, and that would also be a nice feature.

• Level 5

There is only one main window allowed. If you want 2, open a browser, and access your account through the web client.

It can happen with all Mac apps that sometimes no window will open. This is nothing specific of the EN app. In this case try to open a fresh window - sometimes from the File menu, sometimes from the View menu. Worst case quit the app, and open it again.

On 1/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, joshfree said:

If I accidentally close the main window in the Mac app, there's no way to open it again without quitting the app and relaunching it. Nothing in the View or File menu. Seems pretty lame. Am I missing something?

Both Cmd-J (Switch-To) and Cmd-Option-E (Search in Evernote) will open the main window if you have closed it. (As well as Cmd-N to create a new note, but obviously not a good way to open it if you don't want a new new note. 😃)

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Boot17 said:

Both Cmd-J (Switch-To) and Cmd-Option-E (Search in Evernote) will open the main window if you have closed it. (As well as Cmd-N to create a new note, but obviously not a good way to open it if you don't want a new new note. 😃)

Now THAT is useful info. Thank you.

• Like 1