Timeline/Calendar View

skirsten

Idea

timeline/calendar view: Notion now offers a timeline view for tasks based on date. Any chance the Evernote will provide a view of note names by Reminder date as a timeline view? Just like a calendar view, this would add so much functionality to Evernote, especially if one could select a notebook or set of notes and then right-click to get to a timeline/calendar view. I don't think it's important to be able to edit on the timeline/calendar view as that would probably add a lot of programming challenges, but to stream to a timeline/calendar view in one direction that people could look at would be amazing. 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, skirsten said:

Any chance the Evernote will provide a view of note names by Reminder date as a timeline view?

I moved your post to the Requests forum 

I've seen no indication that Evernote is interested in expanding the current note list view

Personally, I export my tasks data to a spreadsheet and generate a Gantt timeline view   
(using a Mac Applescript)

• Like 2
21 hours ago, DTLow said:

Personally, I export my tasks data to a spreadsheet and generate a Gantt timeline view   
(using a Mac Applescript)

I'd be curious to know how to do that. I have some basic understanding of programming and would be interested to give this a try. Does it require legacy. Being able to export tasks to a spreadsheet would be very helpful for some projects, even if it's just one-directional, it would help me organize things a lot. Thanks

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, skirsten said:

I'd be curious to know how to do that. I have some basic understanding of programming and would be interested to give this a try. Does it require legacy. Being able to export tasks to a spreadsheet would be very helpful for some projects, even if it's just one-directional, it would help me organize things a lot. Thanks

Step 1 is to identify task notes
My tasks are flagged as reminders, with the due date stored as the Reminder Date

Step 2 is export > a spreadsheet

As I said, I use Applescript on a Mac
Applescript is currently only supported with the Legacy product, but we expect/hope implementation on the Version 10 product

An overview of the Applescript code is 

tell application "Evernote"

set theNotes to find notes ("reminderOrder:* -reminderDoneTime:*")
     end tell

tell application id "com.apple.iWork.Numbers"

open "/Users/.../Journal-Tasks.numbers"   
                 tell
table "Tasks" of sheet 1 of document 1   
                       repeat with
theNote in theNotes

set currentRow to currentRow + 1

set value of cell 1 to ....
                              set
value of cell 2 to ...
                       end repeat