(Archived) Can't Login: Firefox Webclipper

OldDogEyes

Firefox Webclipper worked great for months - today I can no longer login. Trying to clip a webpage in FireFox but it keep saying username/password combo not valid. I can login to the website so I still have a valid account.

Versions:

Firefox 3.6.12

Webclipper add-on for Firefox 4.0.0.106602

Win 7 Home Professional 32-bit

Steps I tried: uninstalled and reinstalled the webclipper add-on and that didn't help...

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Doug

Cookie problem. You must set Firefox's cookies to permit evernote.com to always set cookies. Go to the Firefox Preferences, and then the Privacy Tab. Click on Exceptions to the right of Accept Cookies from Sites, and add evernote.com to the exception list using the Add button. Do not use Add for Session, that won't work, nor will Block, obviously. Then log in and it should work. Tested in both W7 x64 and x86, and Ubuntu (running Evernote under Wine using the cookie toolbar button) with FF 3.6.12. Session cookies won't work because they are gone when you close the Evernote Log In pop up.

Cookie problem. You must set Firefox's cookies to permit evernote.com to always set cookies. Go to the Firefox Preferences, and then the Privacy Tab. Click on Exceptions to the right of Accept Cookies from Sites, and add evernote.com to the exception list using the Add button. Do not use Add for Session, that won't work, nor will Block, obviously. Then log in and it should work. Tested in both W7 x64 and x86, and Ubuntu (running Evernote under Wine using the cookie toolbar button) with FF 3.6.12. Session cookies won't work because they are gone when you close the Evernote Log In pop up.

Yeah, you are right... I had disallowed 3rd party cookies in Firefox and forgotten about it. Sure wish that info was posted in the help section for Evernote. Seems pretty obvious but I missed it and couldn't use the webclipper for the better part of a week.

• 4 months later...

Some people in the mozilla addon's feedback have been saying they can't log in anymore after the last update. It seems it may be harder now. I am able to log in, however, unlike the user above I found that "keep until I close Firefox" CAN be enable, you just have to make sure "third party cookies" is also enabled. I did not need to put Evernote into cookie exceptions either. Also, I DO have "clear history when Firefox closes" enabled, with all boxes checked, FYI, so I have to login each time i open the browser, which is expected.

Last resort, in a new tab try logging into your Evernote account online (not the forum) and clicking the remember me check box. The appropriate cookies should be set and you can close that tab. If it doesn't work, try doing a clip while the tab is open and leave it. I've never had to go that far, so Evernote should probably hear about it if this is the only thing that works.

In addition, I have Noscript and whenever I have a Trusted site that I'm having trouble with I go into the options and put *.evernote.com/* in every blank space I can find (substitute the site's name for evernote.com and do include the asterisks) Make sure you don't accidentally block it under the HTTPS tab though, just put the it in the bottom text boxes. The same goes for my other privacy addons and options in firefox. **See images attached below.

BTW, you're telling Noscript to watch a little less closely so never do this for your bank or CIA login. :) I also always put a forward slash after the .com/ or .net/ or whatever, to prevent phishing scams from, say, http://www.evernote.com.youbeenphished.com/gotya Basically, it ain't the real thing until you see the slash!

post-34345-13190607205_thumb.jpg

post-34345-131906072048_thumb.jpg

post-34345-131906072045_thumb.jpg

post-34345-131906072053_thumb.jpg

Archived