Please 🙏, with sugar on top 🧁, give keyboard shortcut for moving paragraphs up/down

ajg23

Idea

For YEARS, users have asked on Evernote forums for keyboard shortcuts to move the paragraph at the cursor up or by a paragraph. This allows users to rearrange paragraphs, bulleted items, etc quickly, moving them rapidly throughout the document without reaching for the mouse or doing a lot of copying/pasting. 

Because Evernote still hasn't added this, I do a lot of editing in Microsoft Word or OneNote (both of which let me move paragraphs up and down quickly and easily), and then copy to Evernote 😕

So pretty please, with sugar on top, give us the keyboard shortcuts?

1993607244_KEYBOARDSHORTCUTS.gif.cdfa7910081b189e73901ecb909a888b.gif

• Like 1

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, ajg23 said:

For YEARS, users have asked on Evernote forums for keyboard shortcuts to move the paragraph at the cursor up or by a paragraph.

Hi.  I know it's probably age attacking my memory,  but I've been active on Evernote forums for years too... and I have no recollection of ever seeing this request before...

And have you tried highlighting a paragraph and copy/ paste to put it in the right position?  (When you're confident that works,  you can go on to cut/ paste)

• Sad 1

Oh I've seen multiple discussions about this, along with complaints of it not being implemented x years.

I know I can copy/paste to move paragraphs, but it's MUCH faster to hold down Cmd+Option (for example) and repeatedly press up and down arrows to reorganize a list!

• Like 2
On 1/31/2021 at 3:11 PM, ajg23 said:

I know I can copy/paste to move paragraphs, but it's MUCH faster to hold down Cmd+Option (for example) and repeatedly press up and down arrows to reorganize a list!

I totally agree, this would be a useful feature and is common in more advanced text editors. I know not everyone believes that Evernote is or should be an advanced text editor, but I would definitely find this ability useful.

Some posts have a voting button in the top-left for people to express interest in a feature - hopefully a mod comes along to change or move the request so that we can take advantage of that.