(Archived) Turning off formatting...

jhood

Idea

4 replies to this idea

If you don't use any of the formatting buttons, and you don't ever clip from the web, then you'll just be entering plain text. I.e. you don't need to use any of the formatting.

There isn't a way to remove the row of formatting buttons from the editor, however.

If you don't use any of the formatting buttons, and you don't ever clip from the web, then you'll just be entering plain text. I.e. you don't need to use any of the formatting.

There isn't a way to remove the row of formatting buttons from the editor, however.

I guess I must be doing something wrong then... I have the problem when pasting from something like notepad, or even going to edit an existing note, that I get formatting applied... different font sizes, different fonts, etc...

No chance to get an option to "Save all notes as plain text" unless you explicitly specify otherwise...?

JH

• Level 5
I have the problem when pasting from something like notepad, or even going to edit an existing note, that I get formatting applied... different font sizes, different fonts, etc...

I was not able to duplicate your issue.

I copied 3 different fonts from Notepad

• bold large font 20
    regular medium font 14
    oblique small font 10

and then pasted them into an Evernote note.

They all went to my default setting of Arial 14 (>Tools, >Option, >Note)

Archived