Home widget: Atlas view (show notes nearby)

stocky2605

Idea

it's time to re-think about the good known (and sadly missed) Atlas - as a new widget for our new Home

if it is to much effort to have a map in a widget, just a list of notes nearby would be cool!

As a driver, climber, walker, biker, equestrian, hiker I do have a lot of notes „attached“ to specific places - and it would be cool to find them easliy based on „nearby“.

• Like 4

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Atlas was a nice feature, but I don’t expect it back. AFAIK EN needs to license it, which reduces their own margin. And I don’t see them introduce a Premium+ level just to make a few users happy that are willing to foot the bill.

On 6/12/2021 at 5:58 AM, PinkElephant said:

Atlas was a nice feature, but I don’t expect it back. AFAIK EN needs to license it, which reduces their own margin. And I don’t see them introduce a Premium+ level just to make a few users happy that are willing to foot the bill.

Odd that is a licensed feature......   seems the evernote app could check my log/lat when creating the note....  and use a evernote map to display notes.   

Is this why I can't find any other note taking app that has something like the Atlas? 

• Level 5

Maybe that is the reason why Atlas is not popular among notes apps.

Geolocations are grabbed automatically on mobile devices, when you have enabled this in your devices privacy settings. On iOS (I am not using Android, no idea) you can see in note information where the note was created. The information is available.

When you get a Professional / Team account, you can search for a geolocation by giving EN the coordinates of the search, plus a radius around it. If you are in sales, you could for example enter the coordinate of a client, plus a 500m radius, and would get all notes created on or by his offices. Different to Atlas, but some people may have a use case for this feature.