Option to start new notes with cursor in "Title" field (like it used to be).

kweirman

Idea

9 replies to this idea

I totally agree with this. Please put back the ability to control where you start when writing a new note.  

Most of my notes are just titles.  Lists of things I want to remember.  I'm 73 and I need this.

It is such a simple thing to leave control of where the cursor start to the user.

It was working perfectly in prior versions.  Why removing something that caused no harm?

Slowly, bit by bit, the "designers" are making Evernote harder and harder to use as a tool.

Imagine how hard it would be to use a crescent wrench if every so often when you pick it up to use, something was changed.  Like the direction you roll the little wheel to open the wrench.  This is what you are doing with EverNote.

Please make this simple fix ASAP.

Yes, it does still work in the older Windows version.  I live in fear that they will force upgrade it and wipe out the needed control of the cursor as they did to me in the IOS versions.  But it is unfair that because they have left it out I can't get critical security updates.

BTW, I did do the beta and said again, and again that they were missing "start in title".  But, my notes were ignored.

And, I pay a yearly subscription to get this treatment.

John

Since the year 2000 I use different electronic notebooks and everyone started in the title when I type or added the first line of text automatic to the title.

The new behavior is *****

This is the worst thing. I tried automating it with Keyboard Maestro and spent hours doing it, then tried to hire an AppleScript developer to write me a script, and eventually realised that the new EN doesn't support AppleScript. I really hope this gets resolved in the next version. I'm on legacy too until it's fixed.

Why can't note notes be started with the cursor in the Title field? Whether creating new notes on my PC, web platform or iOS, the cursor always starts in the text field which is a pain to go backwards to create it's title.

Even better, just make the Title field autofilled with the first few words of text?

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Joweirqt said:

Why can't note notes be started with the cursor in the Title field? Whether creating new notes on my PC, web platform or iOS, the cursor always starts in the text field which is a pain to go backwards to create it's title.

Even better, just make the Title field autofilled with the first few words of text?

Still works that way in the Windows legacy desktop, either way.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, kweirman said:

New notes should start in title field (or at least have an option to start that way).  

Happy with an option I suppose. I generally like to start typing the note and then think about the title later. shift-tab doesn't seem too hard to me If I want to start in the title.

• Like 1
On 4/24/2021 at 8:24 AM, CalS said:

Still works that way in the Windows legacy desktop, either way.

Perhaps so, but installing an old version of software to have the functionality on PC only isn't much use on its own when it does not work this way on every other device we use EN on. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Joweirqt said:

Perhaps so, but installing an old version of software to have the functionality on PC only isn't much use on its own when it does not work this way on every other device we use EN on. 

Not going to find me disagreeing.  No one knows if the feature will be added to V10, or why it was struck for that matter.  I'm sticking with legacy until this sorts itself one way or the other.