Jump to content

Notebooks Created on iOS Not Syncing to Mac


Recommended Posts

My daughter has Evernote 7.14 on her MBA, ruunning Catalina. Added some notebooks on her iPhone, which show up on the web interface, but are not syncing to the Mac. Have logged out and back in, restarted, etc. What else to try?

 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, rpallred said:

What else to try?

What he said - which will probably take a while,  but you have a place in the queue...

Plus:  Is the MBA syncing at all?  Does it show updates to the existing notebooks and notes?  If you update a note on it,  does that show up on the iPhone?

If the MBA isn't syncing - How to troubleshoot syncing issues

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Is the MBA syncing at all?  Does it show updates to the existing notebooks and notes?  If you update a note on it,  does that show up on the iPhone?

Yes. New content created in existing notebooks on the MBA get pushed to the web and the iPhone. Updates on the MBA get pushed out as well--just nothing coming back.

This is all very frustrating--and on so very brand for Evernote.

I've been a huge proponent of Evernote for a decade--my daughter just started college and I sold her on RocketBook + Evernote for note taking in classes--and convinced her to upgrade to a premium account. And it has been a nightmare since. When it works, it's great--and when it doesn't it causes so much stress and frustration...

Link to post
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, rpallred said:

When it works, it's great--and when it doesn't it causes so much stress and frustration...

I've worked with IT for <mumble> years - trust me: it's a general thing. Technology is always the fastest way to get from one problem to the next! 

Now that it's possible to email notes,  would it be feasible to email from the phone to the MBA and set up a new notebook from that end?  If there are a lot of notes you may be able to create a table of contents for all the notes in that notebook and mail that single note instead. 

This is all top-of-my-head stuff since I don't have experience with any of the hardware or software directly - I'm leaving you to sort out the details.  (Think of it as a learning experience - and try not to throw any tech out of the window 😏)

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Now that it's possible to email notes,  would it be feasible to email from the phone to the MBA and set up a new notebook from that end?  If there are a lot of notes you may be able to create a table of contents for all the notes in that notebook and mail that single note instead.

That's a great idea to try for now. Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...