Evernote Mac - Notes not appearing in tag list

Evernote Mac version 10.6.9

When I click on a tag in the left sidebar, not all the notes show up. 

Example: Under the tag "Books to read" - Sorted alphabetically by title - "The Blind Assassin (Atwood, Margaret)" does not show up.

However if I search for it using the search bar, the book appears and is clearly tagged with "Books to read"

Any ideas? This is happening on more than one note, under multiple tags.

It does not happen on the web version. Only on the Mac. I'm not using the mobile version yet so I don't know about that one.

12 hours ago, harperjdav said:

Example: Under the tag "Books to read" - Sorted alphabetically by title - "The Blind Assassin (Atwood, Margaret)" does not show up.

However if I search for it using the search bar, the book appears and is clearly tagged with "Books to read"

It does not happen on the web version. Only on the Mac. I'm not using the mobile version yet so I don't know about that one.

sign out, chose clear my data from this computer and then log back in. should solve it but an inconvenience if you have lots of notes.

5 hours ago, Rajesh Gaire said:

sign out, chose clear my data from this computer and then log back in. should solve it but an inconvenience if you have lots of notes.

Thanks Rajesh. That was definitely worth a try, but it didn't fix the issue. Ever since the downgrade to version 10.x.x things have steadily gotten worse. It seems with each new release something else breaks. I may just have to use the web version until they get to version 11.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, harperjdav said:

Thanks Rajesh. That was definitely worth a try, but it didn't fix the issue. Ever since the downgrade to version 10.x.x things have steadily gotten worse. It seems with each new release something else breaks. I may just have to use the web version until they get to version 11.

tags have been a issue for quite a lot of people unfortunately, so yes web may be your best bet.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:52 PM, harperjdav said:

I have the same thing happening.Was playing around with it today . Should have had 4 notes in my tag and only two showing up

• 1 month later...

I have this issue with tags also & sent feedback to Evernote with no response.  It happens more with one tag than another.  I can't trust that all the notes will be there when I search by tag.  Is there a limit to the amount of notes that can be under the same "tag"?  The new tagged notes stopped showing up after it reached 340 notes with that tag.

Evernote for Mac 10.8.5

• 4 months later...

DebbieJo, that's not the issue because I have 402 notes showing up in a tag search, and there should be 407. The last 5 don't show up. Not sure what's going on. 

After typing this I went back and the new notes appeared. Seems like it just takes a long time.

1 hour ago, bkauflin said:

DebbieJo, that's not the issue because I have 402 notes showing up in a tag search, and there should be 407. The last 5 don't show up. Not sure what's going on. 

After typing this I went back and the new notes appeared. Seems like it just takes a long time.

In my experience filtering by tag is pretty much instantaneous but searching, because it is now done on the server, can take some time. I just tried it and of course today both are instantaneous!

• Like 1

I have same issues. Tags not all showing - this is a disaster - since Evernote is set up not to search via hierarchical folds but tags!  Yes there maybe clever ways to get round it - search tag etc - but it simply is not good enough - there is bug in the system that needs findings and sorting ! This has got worse with each upgrade! 

• Level 5

This is my experience as well: Filtering is usually faster than searching. But searching works as well, just needs a few seconds to execute.

If new notes do not show up, wait a little. The indexing on the server is usually fast, but on occasion I observed up to 30min.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to add that I too am experiencing this issue with MacOS. I have notes that are tagged but are not showing up when I click on those tags in the app. However, on the web version and iOS version the notes do appear. I've signed out and signed back in multiple times, shut down, restarted my computer, removed the tag and added it back, but yet nothing seems to fix this. 

My entire evernote system is Tag based so this is quite an issue and I would prefer not to have to use the web version.